Marin Road/commuter conversion?

Ok the seed has been sown, ready to grow into a fine bike which will bring mucho enjoyment, Looks good, not sure which model it is, i am sure someone will elude to more info on your frame.

Dont forget to keep us posted with updates :)

Have you decided on a theme? single speed?, geared? spec? etc......

Used to own both the Indian Fire Trail and the Nail Trail.

Can't see the color of the purple from your flash photo.
But IMHO I think if it's bright purple and the frame is satin painted/finished it is a Nail Trail.
If frame is polished bare aluminium it should be an Indian Fire Trail. Marin parts were also painted blue instead of purple.

From the looks of your photos there is no reflection from polished alu so I guess its satin painted???

Cheers.

"Form and Function are Finite. Class lasts Forever..".

"You know you are old-skool when you leave your Tange Prestige steel mountain bike upside down the night before for fork oils to flow down the coils before hitting the slopes on cantilever brakes".

"I ride retro cos I am very very very very tired of people telling me their products are 10% better every year...".

Blacksun":29buvaov said:
From the looks of your photos there is no reflection from polished alu so I guess its satin painted???

Its is a satin finish to the frame so I'm guessing it is a Nail Trail. Also would anyone know what year? As I am looking to get new forks for it and would like to know what size I need.

Jussa":29buvaov said:
Have you decided on a theme? single speed?, geared? spec? etc......

As for the theme I'm thinking a single speed though where I live I am surrounded by not huge hills but hills non the less. As for spec I'm currently studying at uni so I have very little cash to play about with so its going to be done on the cheap for now, does seem a shame to put cheap components on though as the frame is so lovely and light. But hey when I have more money to play with I can always upgrade.

Latest posts

Back