marin frame on ebay...can you fix this?

Re:

:D Sounds easy when you come to think of it :D

I had a looky looky on ebay last night but there are various sizes.. how do i measure the thread?

Measure the width of the threads in mm - M8 = 8mm, M10 = 10mm.

It's much easier if you have the old bolts to measure (or at least one of them in this case).

Re:

I notice the frame has sold (best offer accepted).

Did someone here buy it? Max? Pops?

Re:

Cool. Look forward to seeing it. :)

Is it gonna be a bitza, or are you restoring to original spec?

Re: Re:

PopsTrippin":19y7ggdo said:
Me.. and am now busy polishing it :D

I got this one (94 Rocky Ridge) from a great chap on here. (that's how I knew about the brake bosses). Can't really polish it, as it's been sandblasted (It'd take a lot of effort), so paint job instead. But Marin Fork, Stem and Seatpost all included :-D . We'll need to do a compare and contrast when completed.

Attachments

• 20434239469_8f76013515_z.jpg
    20434239469_8f76013515_z.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 328
  • 20000052953_2c735ac97d_z.jpg
    20000052953_2c735ac97d_z.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 328

PopsTrippin":5rzbilfq said:

I had a looky looky on ebay last night but there are various sizes.. how do i measure the thread?

You can measure the internal diameter of the boss and probably work it out from that. Although things get confusing if they are not fully formed threads and also there's only a bit of difference between the M10 thread pitches.
If you have calipers post the internal diameter and I'll look it up.

JonTom":3vdqjb91 said:
Cool. Look forward to seeing it. :)

Is it gonna be a bitza, or are you restoring to original spec?

I'm a bit torn on that one, firstly I'm not sure if I want to go 92 or 93 decals as I like them both and then if I go 92 do I spec it DX or XT and finally do I keep it monochrome black and silver or fluorescent something or other and silver????

Currently favouring early 92 colour Indian Fire Trail green and silver and spec like this..

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/21/275709 ... z.jpg?zz=1

but also like standard 92 Rocky Ridge colour and spec...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/80567-2/Scan1.jpg

decisions decisions. :facepalm:

Rich.

Stiff_Orange":16haeovh said:
PopsTrippin":16haeovh said:
Me.. and am now busy polishing it :D

I got this one (94 Rocky Ridge) from a great chap on here. (that's how I knew about the brake bosses). Can't really polish it, as it's been sandblasted (It'd take a lot of effort), so paint job instead. But Marin Fork, Stem and Seatpost all included :-D . We'll need to do a compare and contrast when completed.

I saw that one for sale.. you got a good deal there and a good basis for a built :cool: Indeed we'll
have to compare when they're done.

I like the fat downtube on the 94 Rocky Ridge.. Very similar to the 92/93 Indian fire trail.

Rampage":3a264087 said:
PopsTrippin":3a264087 said:

You can measure the internal diameter of the boss and probably work it out from that. Although things get confusing if they are not fully formed threads and also there's only a bit of difference between the M10 thread pitches.
If you have calipers post the internal diameter and I'll look it up.

Thanks Mr Rampage but fortunately found one on an old donor frame at the back of the garage so now sorted :D

Back