Manitou FS - my next project

nutallabrot - it did?? wow I'd thought it would have come with xtr, thats really good to know. I'll need to clean it up and keep it then!

syncrosfan - I realised after i typed that I lied, the frame with headset reducers was the funk and the Manitou actually had an inch quarter no logo king. I'll see what Frank advises and let you know if its up for sale. It may be some time before I know so dont hold your breath.

As for the vultures hovering, I think theres a pair of Machine Tech hubs in blue going to be up for sale soon. I already have a pair of wheels waiting and the blue is a darker blue so they dont match the blue on the headset. I'll be keeping at least one rim, maybe both. I also see the Avid red brake levers going up for sale. It came with red under bar shifters... no idea what they are.

Re: Re:

ti_pin_man":28ohf7lm said:
the bottom bracket says:

Answer Products
Manitou FS950 298-
20-Jan-95 17

Any idea what the 950 , the 298 and the final 17 mean?

I think the tubing only improved when they moved to the top tub shock design. :LOL:

The 950 refers to the frame series

The HT's from 94 were 950 for the full on expensive fellows and 960 for the slightly cheaper variants.... both look alike so no actual clue what the real difference is!

I said I'd post up pictures of frank the welders repair and so here is the update. New headtube and repair to chain suck gashes in the chainstays. The white stuff gets polished off with elbow grease. Looking rather good IMHO.

Back