Manitou FS Frameset Added / AC Chainset / Hyperends

Drewson

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Manitou FS 1994 Frameset

UPDATE - Crack Found on Headtube so price drop to £250 the lot or split prices listed in later post below:

Size: Centre BB to Top of Seattube : 18.5in
C-T-C : 16.5in
Toptube : 23in

Time to streamline my collection further and I won't ride this one enough so it has to go....

This is a very nice Manitou frameset which can be ridden with the great confidence I have ridden it with. There are a few areas to mention but none of them I feel affect the structural integrity of the frameset. I have tried to describe everything clearly and honestly and back it up with photos. I mention everything for clarity even though I feel that it is overplaying the negatives of this beautiful frame which has never caused me any worries.

Firstly there are a few minor cracks around the lower bolt of the seattube waterbottle cage bolts (see photo) but this shouldn't be a problem as it isn't in an area that is under great stress and therefore won't deteriorate unless someone rives at the bolt. It means that this bolt merely turns and won't come out which is only awkward if wanting to fit a seattube bottlecage.

ABSOLUTELY NO CRACKS can be found in the usual areas where these framesets were known to fail ie. Headtube & BB Shell, or anywhere else for that matter.

There is a very small dent in the toptube below the Manitou decal which is difficult even to see in the photos but I have tried to show it.

A previous owner has tried to fit a front mech with a smaller than recommended clamp size which has resulted in slight crimping to the seattube :roll: but again I don't feel that this causes any structural issue and it certainly hasn't deteriorated in time (in fact none of the issues have).

Some scratches and chainsuck are present on the frame and should be shown in the photos (which I believe make them look worse than they actually are).

The forks are very clean cosmetically and function very well for me but will need a service at some point.

Stem / Seatpost / Clamp / Front Mech are all very clean. The Chris King headset was new prior to it's fitting a few weeks ago and it has seen one ride since so it is minty and smooth.

And that's it.....It is rare to find a Manitou frameset without cracks in areas which make them unrideable but this one is a surviving example....and it's certainly just waiting to be rebuilt and ridden!! It also comes with all the Manitou specific parts required to build it up and a lovely Manitou stem too!! It also has new and undamaged decals....

I'm looking for £400 for the frameset posted in the UK. I will ship abroad but please PM me for a shipping quote.

I will not be splitting this frameset as i want to sell it as a package.

Please note that a couple of members have contacted me already re: this frameset and they will get first dibs as follows:

1st : Audi-allroad (i'll be back with a shipping quote to you on Monday 21/03/11)
2nd : Johnnypie13

After these enquiries it is first come first served....

The Frameset includes:

Manitou FS Frame
Manitou 3 Forks
Manitou Stem (140mm)
Ringle/Manitou Seatpost
Seatpost Clamp
Chris King Devolution Headset (1”1/4-1”1/8 )
XTR M900 Front Mech

Any questions just ask.....

Answer Hyperends Silver

Good Condition £30 posted in UK

AC Cranks with Zero Rings :

The cranks are basically new bar a ride of 1/2 mile on road...so very very good condition!! The rings have seen very very minimal use.

Blue/Turquoise in colour.
Crank length = 175mm
Zero Chainrings (Middle & Outer) 26/36/46

I don't have the non-drive side crankarm in this pic for some reason but believe me it is in exactly as perfect nick as the drive side.....no damage at all.

£110 posted in the UK.
I'll ship abroad but will need to establish cost....

Drew :)

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1025-1.jpg

Current dibs as follows:

1 - Audi-allroad
2 - johnnypie13
3 - boxxer
4 - jjwood
5 - omar71

Will keep this list updated regularly til it's sold.... :)

:shock: :eek: OMG....I was just scrolling through the photos of the frame in my listing and noticed a f*ckin tiny crack in the top of the headtube....i can't believe it!!!! :evil: i checked the frame and yup it's there!! See 17th Photo!!

Never seen anything like this on this frame before....but now it makes all the above total nonsense.....i'm so mad at this....another one bites the dust...

Okay...well i still want to sell the frameset and the parts are worth a bit so either i'll take £250 posted for the lot......

Or split for the parts as follows:

Frame: £100
Forks: £70
Stem: £55
Headset: £70
Front Mech: £40
Seatpost: £45
Clamp: £20

Usual dibs please but can those people listed in dibs above quickly contact me to tell me whether they are still interested...

Jees...what a day :roll:

manitou fs

Sorry mate
feel gutted for you that's a nightmare

unfortunately that means i will have to remove my 2nd dibs on it

I will not add a weld in the head set, I saw some manitous with the same problem and i don´t like the solution of a weld. I preffer to fit a ring of CNC aluminium and some epoxi resin.

A manitou without a crack is very very rare.

This one is still very nice.

Back