Malware Search Conduit

dan smith":1xxpik7d said:
rosstheboss":1xxpik7d said:
Any news on this?

It's just turned up on our office computer and it's a bugger to get off!!!!

Have you uninstalled it and what OS and browser are you using?

Tried most of the solutions on google to no avail, including ccleaner, adwcleaner, finding all the bits and uninstalling them, uninstalling the browsers etc etc

I'm pretty sure it's vista and we're using chrome.

It's a proper pain in the arse!

rosstheboss":2zh3isug said:
dan smith":2zh3isug said:
rosstheboss":2zh3isug said:
Any news on this?

It's just turned up on our office computer and it's a bugger to get off!!!!

Have you uninstalled it and what OS and browser are you using?

Tried most of the solutions on google to no avail, including ccleaner, adwcleaner, finding all the bits and uninstalling them, uninstalling the browsers etc etc

I'm pretty sure it's vista and we're using chrome.

It's a proper pain in the arse!

try this and you should get rid of it:

1. Uninstall any trace of it from add/remove programs
2. type 'regedit' into the search bar via the start button.
3. In the 'regedit' program click 'edit' and 'find'
4. in the find box type 'Search Conduit'
5. it will then search the registry for any entries related to Search Conduit.

ONLY REMOVE SEARCH CONDUIT KEYS OR YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR OS AND IT WILL CAUSE MAJOR PROBLEMS.

6. when it finds a key delete it. After you have deleted the key click 'edit' and 'find next' - repeat this until no further entries are found - close regedit.
7. in chrome Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools -> Extensions. if there is a extension related to 'conduit' delete or disable it.
8. Go to Google Chrome Settings, in the “On Startup” area, delete and mention of 'conduit' You may want to replace it with Google.co.uk
9. then in Settings page, please click Manage search engines button. Delete all but Google.co.uk
10. restart the pc and test the browser.

If it is still there then you have missed something :) i can send you some screen grabs on if you are having problems finding the settings. I removed it from one of my clients today by doing the above so i know it does work. Let me know if you have any probs

Dan

Back