Sold Magura HS66 drop bar hydraulic rim brakes (full set)

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought these back in the summer, original thread here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/magura-hs66-drop-bar-brakes-front-rear-set.447368/

I have fitted them to my Dave Yates but not ridden with them, although they do work perfectly. I would love to keep them, but have decided to sell them on as I do not have enough clearance in my frame with these to get as wide a tyre as I would like, and am also finding the reach to the DT gear levers to not be as easy as I remember (I am trying to find an excuse for it, but think it is just down to approaching 50, so probably can't be fixed :oops: ). I have fitted a set of Sensah 7 speed combined brake and gear levers which work well, so am going to stick with them. I could not find a solution for the DT gear levers that would work with the maguras (I didn't like bar end shifters either, am I just too fussy?).

So, back up for sale they go. I would like to get back what I paid, which was a not unreasonable £207 posted, paypal goods included. For that I will include what I bought back in the summer (both levers, all calipers and mounts, bolts, etc), plus two magura braces, another set of barely used pads, and a couple of other potentially useful spares.

SOLD

Attachments

• DSCF0997.JPG
    DSCF0997.JPG
    461.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0998.JPG
    DSCF0998.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0999.JPG
    DSCF0999.JPG
    450.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF1001.JPG
    DSCF1001.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF1002.JPG
    DSCF1002.JPG
    448.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Edit: apologies, mixed up my HS66 with HS77! GLWS.

Last edited:
I bought these back in the summer, original thread here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/magura-hs66-drop-bar-brakes-front-rear-set.447368/

I have fitted them to my Dave Yates but not ridden with them, although they do work perfectly. I would love to keep them, but have decided to sell them on as I do not have enough clearance in my frame with these to get as wide a tyre as I would like, and am also finding the reach to the DT gear levers to not be as easy as I remember (I am trying to find an excuse for it, but think it is just down to approaching 50, so probably can't be fixed :oops: ). I have fitted a set of Sensah 7 speed combined brake and gear levers which work well, so am going to stick with them. I could not find a solution for the DT gear levers that would work with the maguras (I didn't like bar end shifters either, am I just too fussy?).

So, back up for sale they go. I would like to get back what I paid, which was a not unreasonable £207 posted, paypal goods included. For that I will include what I bought back in the summer (both levers, all calipers and mounts, bolts, etc), plus two magura braces, another set of barely used pads, and a couple of other potentially useful spares.
How do these mount to a frame? I have a road frame with narrow cantilever bosses (1980s)

They fit on a standard cantilever boss. Not sure what you mean by narrow bosses? What's the distance between them? Should be pretty much standard, about 80mm I think (need to check that) give or take a few mm. If so, these just bolt straight on. Measure the distance between canti boss centres and I can confirm. Pics would help too

They fit on a standard cantilever boss. Not sure what you mean by narrow bosses? What's the distance between them? Should be pretty much standard, about 80mm I think (need to check that) give or take a few mm. If so, these just bolt straight on. Measure the distance between canti boss centres and I can confirm. Pics would help too
Hello, 54-55mm centre-to-centre.

Attachments

• 20230225_150532.jpg
    20230225_150532.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 8
Looking at the pic, it looks like they would fit, but I'm not sure you'd be able to use the brace. Have found some interesting info here:

I was unaware that there had been a change in boss separation, I thought it had always been aboout 80mm! So, sorry but I can't say for certain if they will work on your frame :oops:

Latest posts

Back