Magura help needed

I have a frame with u brake bosses in the rear. I also have some magura hs11. Ive bodged one side to fit well enough, but can't get the other fitted without it fouling the rim. I have a few questions

Are the support arm things moveable at all, if so, how? That might fit my issue I think.

Secondly, do the brackets for the new versions work with the old?

Finally, if you have spare front parts of the bracket and are willing to sell, please let me know!

Thanks

yup, need pics. Maguras can normally be fitted to U brake mounts by just flipping teh mount, and maybe a touch with a file.

Hold on - just read your post properly!

yes, the ears/arms are adjustable. Some are splined, most are just a push fit in a taper. Get a spanner on them and they should rotate, but might need a bit of force to get them moving .Obviously you'll need to remove the bolt first.

I've done all the filing, possibly too much, which is why I was wondering about spares. The arms/ears feel pretty stuck but I'll soak them in gt85, see if that helps any. I'll get pics up a bit later.

As mentioned, fitting the mounts upside down is something I've read works for u brake boss fitting. The bit I think you are talking about should be adjustable once the bolt is removed and you can push it clear of the splines.

They're already on upside down. Like I said, I may have filed too much which won't help. (It's pretty jammed against the rim in this picture but it's not set up properly). It's been so close at times that I tried filing down the arm a bit because I tried and failed to move it

Attachments

• 20220227_201950.jpg
    20220227_201950.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220227_202036.jpg
    20220227_202036.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220227_202048.jpg
    20220227_202048.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220227_202054.jpg
    20220227_202054.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 31
You shouldnt need to file the mount like that, the mount usually has a plastic shim that is used to position the calliper inboard or outboard. It's usually a split bit of plastic with a groove/grooves on to slot into the calliper and hold it when you bolt the clamps together. It's been a while since I've worked on some, but something like that at least.

Don't remember having anything along those lines. I'll have another crack at the arm tomorrow , hopefully I'll be able to shift it and that'll give me a bit more room to work with.

Back