MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Re:

Welcome. Plenty of meets this summer.

Glen Doll next weekend.
Drumlanrig "Actually bring a retrobike" ride, in May.
10 under in June,

Plus lots of other local rides.
If you live somewhere new to us then organise a ride and put a post up.

Hi folks,

Only just joined the forum yesterday, after acquiring a 96 Marin Bear Valley frame from my wee bro.

Live in West Lothian, near Linlithgow.

Re:

Hullo and welcome mate.

Hopefully catch you at one of the east coast rides or one of the epics, keep an eye on the forum as generally loads of rides happening.

Cheers

Keith.

Just spotted this section, hi all!.

Newish to this site, addicted as ever to all things bike and slowly but surely being lured-in by the classifieds since my 95 Cinder Cone was borrowed indefinitely by a stranger...

Am Edinburgh North but ride out towards GT and Pentlands, tempted to take my boy to the VAT run at South Queensferry some time soon too.

Currently looking to build up a dream build mid 90s Explosif on the cheap (haha) but have an old Rockhopper for now. Maybe see you lot out on the trails sometime soon.

Howie

Re:

Sounds good will try and meet up family commitments allowing!
The Rockhoppers a 94, just getting it fixed up again. I'm not around much and tend to use my 5 when I do go out. Am in the process of getting a 90s replacement for the Kona, prices seem to have gone up!
Nice one

Howie

next one is on the 22nd (http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-161 ... 187058542/) or there's Glentress the day before if you fancy a trail centre spin (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29821:cool:.
errrrr, ZZ..............unless you have a time machine the 29th is not before the 22nd.

22nd 'Muck About Loanheads Trails' organised with meetUp starting from outside Halfords at Straiton south of Edinburgh at 10am.
29th Glentress Anual meet......10ish in main carpark.

Re:

Thanks for the clarification Velo!
It had me confused. I started to scour the Glentress thread for a post announcing a change of date. Not being able to find one and came back "here" about to ask if i'm missed something!

Thanks
Stephan

Hi guys noon here in SWScotland
Stranraer to be precise owner of 2nd hand Marin Bear Valley ? 1990 ish
I have ridden on v light trails occasionally and now feel its time to give it the rebuild it needed when I first got it 10+ yes ago
Original rims bent as nine bob note, when got it forks had been replaced levers are missing their ends
?bb shot
?v worn chain set, and rear cassette

Can't ride ATM due to knee surgery but long-term project to get my knee fitter/ stronger stable by riding looking at wheels listed in forum as a starting point.......

Any who hello and do you guys ever get down this neck of woods?

hullo and welcome mate.

retail therapy is always a good healer lol.

we normally have a run dow nat Drumlanrig each year but once yer fit and running it would be great if you organise a meet down your neck of the woods.

catch you at a ride soon!

keith

Back