MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

jimihendrix":1z4hdd6p said:
Is that a Duke boys, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Charger or a modern one ?

Also wouldn't worry too much about fitness levels, i've not been on a bike in over a year, still looking forward to Glentress (and getting out more this year)

A modern one, sadly - though at least it means it might stop. I'd have gone for a Challenger, but they couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't get a Camaro instead, which has all the luggage capacity of a hollowed-out pineapple...

My general fitness isn't horrible, it's more the utter inability of my knees to be able to cope with hill-climbing at anything more than a crawl :roll:

Hi all. I'm in Aberdeen. Not much history with cycling, used to ride when I was younger as a way to get about and see my mates, I started commuting by bike about a year ago, and have been bitten by the bug. First bike was a second hand Carerra Crossfire hybrid, I then bought a Pashley Roadster off Gumtree as it was going for a song. I had intended to use the wheels with the SA hub gears on the hybrid, but totally feel in love with it and it has become my regular commuter. I then started to get a hankering for a road bike, but an now smitten with lugged steel frames and horizontal crossbars, after missing out on a couple of nice ones on Gumtree, bought a frame off eBay and am in the process of trying to get it running again, which I guess is how I ended up here.

Hi there fella,

I'm in Edinburgh too with a few old bikes to get out on.
Are there any rides coming up?

Howie

Re:

Hello and Welcome, bit quiet on here at the moment I'll admit but usually something happens a couple of times a month though often over in Fife. Hopefully there will also be a spot of riding coming up in the Pentlands, Midlothian and Falkirk. Also a spot of night riding will likely be done on the odd Friday as "Friday Night is Nightride Night" :D

What old bikes have you got so we can gauge what era of retrobiking your into. I'm mainly 90's kit apart from a wee bit of late 80's.

Hi there,

I could probably make it over to Fife, if not too early a start of an evening.
TBH all my bikes are getting on a bit these days, but retrowise I've an '88 Marin Palisades Trail, a '92ish Hardrock and a '93 Kilauea. Prob be on the Kona tbh.

Keep me posted as I'm in North Edinburgh.

Nice one

Howie

Re:

Hi Howie,

Next ride will be the Glentress Nightride in November.
As Velo said, it's been a bit of a fallow spell over the summer with most of us usual organisers being tied up with other commitments.

We're pretty active over the winter with a ride or so each month. Our main calendar is set Decemberish, with other rides appearing in the local area threads. There's usually something going on depending on how far you're willing to drive. Feel free to organise your own local ride and stick it in the Lothians thread, we're always looking for new spots. Doesn't have to be epic, just a change of scene for the rest of us.

Bike wise, sounds like you got some good ones to choose from. Hope to see you soon, Steven

welcome to the forum.

as the lads say keep yer eyes peeled in the local area threads.

A few of us ride most Sundays and more the merrier.

Back