Macretro fat camp

clockworkgazz":2guqisfa said:
Like you say bmi is a guide, I find the full lenght mirror in the buff and making sure your reality specs are on, is the best way to tell how many pies you are allowed.

True, some really fit people would be overweight according to BMI, muscle being denser than fat etc.

BMI can be further misleading as a spoof BMI calculator exists out there somewhere which calculates the Bluebottle Mass Index or how many flies equate to your weight :LOL:

I reckon, BMI is a fair. Remember its for health and not to gauge how fit you are. If it says your overweight well you still have to support that mass whether its muscle, fat, hair, toenails or ahem big bones. True if your 14st and fit your chances are better than someone who is 14st and fat. But the work your heart/kidneys/liver etc will have to do will excede that of someone whose BMI is within the healthy range. I rememeber a program on the radio stating how our body shape perceptions have changed in the last fifty years, there are more overweight people so we accept that as the norm whereas transport your self back to the 60's and we'd all be bloaters!

velomaniac":wxpdidd1 said:
BMI can be further misleading as a spoof BMI calculator exists out there somewhere which calculates the Bluebottle Mass Index or how many flies equate to your weight :LOL:

Or the Bounty/Marsbar Index :LOL:

Very true 'K', looking back at films and pics from the 50's 60's people were all like whippets compared to now :)

thats cos they existed on cabages and rabbits
not like the healthy lifestye we live today

crackers with cheese and pate any one , pass it round

clockworkgazz":liqm57gx said:
And they all lived so much longer then too :roll:

Well the ones that are still kicking about are. They even survived the gastronomy of the 70's and 80's! I think as a populace our diets are worse than those of the 60's. I'd love to have the facts but I'm sure things like diabetes, obese children, heart disease etc are all higher than before.

being of mainland european descent klaus (like me, austrian) do you think this has an influence on your physical attributes ?
most of my austrian cousins are bloody big blokes 6'5 or so, biglads
"built with a bit of power about them " as my uncle used to say about me

Back