Several Team Fat Chance Yo Eddys for sale on CL

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/1844745015.html

Vintage 17" Yo Eddy full Deore XT components, A-Tac stem, Zoom seatpost, Scott one-piece cowhorn bars. Very good condition. This bike climbs, descends, and handles like a banshee even without any suspension. Take a peek at some of the reviews of owners or this classic beauty (http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/frameset/ ... 19crx.aspx) . Quite simply still one of the best MTB's around - modern materials or not. Best offer over $750.

3k43of3le5V15W25S3a7fdd03ffe4c37315af.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://lawrence.craigslist.org/bik/1844592678.html

$500- 1994 Fat Chance Yo Eddy Moutain Bike in rare Grello color.

Frame size is large and the bike contains the following parts:

Shimano SLR Plus Brake Levers
Shimano Hyper Glide Cassette
Shimano SG Chainrings
Shimano Deore FC-MT60 Crank Arm
Shimano Deore XT Front and Rear Brake Calipers
Shimano Deore DX Front Derailleur
Shimano Deore XT Rear Derailleur
Shimano Deore DX HB-M650 Front Hub
Shimano Deore DX FH-M650 Rear Hub
Shimano Deore LX Headset
Manitou Magnum Suspension Fork
Tioga TBone Stem

The bike is in great shape, with just a small dent in the top tube (visible in the port side photo), a few scratches on the inside of the starboard seat stay, and some lost paint behind the chainring.

3nf3od3l65V15W25U4a7f8f5f9e49358d1750.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/bik/1844630407.html

Up for sale is a nice 1995/96 Fat City Cycles YO EDDY mountain bike .Rides great , It has it's original cobalt blue paint with silver and black stickers . The paint is nice some chips but no dents , some of the chips where painted with finger nail polish...works great and color matched good too. No chain suck , no bends , very strait . The only bad thing is someone cut rear cable hanger off . It does not effect the bike . This is a first year Saratoga County built bike not a Somerville , Ma bike .It still has the 1" neck not 1 1/8" , The frame # is YOM268 , Manitou Mach 5 forks with 80mm travel , Mavic rims , FSA headset , Advent stem , Avid brake levers , Shimano front and rear brakes , New tires , Wellgo pedals , aluminum seat post , Bontrager grips and handle bars , Bontrager Womans seat , shimano shifter , Sugino 175 cranks , Shimano rear derailer . This bike was my girlfriends bike , she lost interest so bike must go.
550 b/o

Call me do not email me , I will not respond 978 xxx-xxxx . I have no more pictures , come take a look if your interested

3n13mb3pb5V35U55X1a7fa50de865cdfa1e84.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bik/1842374684.html

1990's Fat Chance Yo Eddy - $800 (Wexford, PA)
Here is a beautiful Fat Chance Yo Eddy in the awesome aquafade paint job. Bike is in great condition. Comes with some really sweet components as well. Really an amazing bike in all aspects. Magura Race Line brakes. Girvin shock. White industries hubs, mavic ceramic rims. This bike is super sweet.

3n13k73p45Z25T05R2a7efab3f47a28a61a30.jpg

3n43kb3m55Q45U05P0a7e1157dc24b1721dcb.jpg

http://burlington.craigslist.org/bik/1826379612.html

Fat Chance Yo Eddy mountain bike - $300 (95 Worcester Village rd, Worcester, VT)
mid nineties team Fat Chance Yo Eddy. med/large frame , matching forks...green fade paint , components are outdated but are in good shape. One of the great steel frames, rides sweet and true.

http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/1792584275.html

I'm finally selling my Team Fat Chance Yo Eddy! size Large (19")—it’s been sitting neglected since 2006 when I bought a full suspension rig. This was produced in Somerville, MA in 1993 and purchased from Belmont Wheelworks for around $2400; I am the original owner. The frame has the Cosmic Dust Fade paint scheme. This was suspension-adjusted geometry and comes with the original Manitou 3 suspension fork. I just replaced the elastomers with a Wings Suspension spring kit since replacement elastomers have long been unavailable. If you are looking at this post, you probably know the cult following Chris Chance and his bikes have enjoyed, especially the ones before Serotta took over production.

I am having a terrible time trying to read the serial number for those of you who have asked. I believe it’s 24Y3L: the 24th Yo manufactured in 1993 size L (19”). Since we recently moved, I’m having trouble finding the original receipt. I currently only have the 1994 Fat City Cycles catalog received from Wheelworks.

Here's the frame geometry:
Stand over height 31.5"
Head tube angle 71 degrees
Seat tube angle 72 degrees
Top tube length 23.6"
Seat tube c-to-c 19"
Head tube length 123mm
Chainstay length 16 7/8"
Bottom bracket height 11 7/8"
Wheelbase 42"
Frame weight 4lbs 14oz

I think the bike complete with my pedals and saddle weighs around 25.1lb, though whoever is seriously considering a Yo probably doesn't care about weight, rather condition.

The condition is good considering the age. There are some nicks with rust from cable/shoe rub/etc., and a small dent on one chainstay. Also there are scratches to the frame decals in some places from normal wear (locking it to objects, transporting, cable rub, etc). I have tried to show examples of the blemishes in the pictures, but for better & complete detail I will need to email you directly. Most of the parts are original from 1994 (aside from the chain, tires, v-brakes and saddle). I would estimate I have ridden this bike several thousand miles over its lifetime in mostly XC and on-road conditions. It has been garaged and well kept during it’s lifetime.

Here are the parts:
Fork – Manitou Three 80mm travel
Headset – Chris King anodized Alu (purple)
Front derailleur - Suntour XC Pro
Rear derailleur - Shimano Deore XT
Shifters - Shimano Deore XT top-mount thumbshifters (index or friction-shifting)
Brake levers – Diacompe SS-7 anodized Alu (purple)
Brakes (f/r) - Forte Team v-brakes
Rims – Specialized XL21
Hubs – Shimano Deore XT
Seatpost – Generic 29.4mm diameter
Saddle - not included (though I think I have a beater I can throw in if you need one)
Stem – Ritchey Force
Handlebars - Specialized flat
Crankset – Specialized 46/36/24 175mm length arms
Cassette – Shimano Deore 14-32
Chain – Shimano Deore HG
Front//Rear tire – Bontrager Jones AC 47/52 // Bontrager AC rear specific 46/50
Pedals – Generic platforms (not sold with the Crank Bros. Candy in picture)

I’d like to sell this locally before resorting to fleabay; to that end I am open to reasonable offers. Know that I will list it on ebay starting at $600. Email with questions, offers, or for more higher-resolution pictures.

3ne3kf3m55V35W15P4a6e70248346c9231408.jpg

3k13mf3pd5O55X55R4a6ee6f41f6c6d0c1660.jpg

The trouble is though, they are affordable in your neck of the woods...........by the time I managed to get one here it would be too much $$$/£££
:shock:

I would love one though..........

I've shipped four Fats internationally, with good success of avoiding excessive fees from customs, to the buyers, (knock on wood). It's really how the seller packages it and fills out the forms. there is some risk in claiming a low value with no insurance, but I have yet to have any bikes/parts lost.

So what sort of cash (including your 'fees'. ;0) ) would I have to pay to get something here then? Provided you could do it!! :0)

stedlocks":30dt32ws said:
So what sort of cash (including your 'fees'. ;0) ) would I have to pay to get something here then? Provided you could do it!! :0)

I currently have a member's bike sitting in my home waiting for a trip across the pond (not to mention a frame I sold to another member that will also make a trip), and due to a lack of space, would only be able to do one at a time. Come this fall, I'll be returning to university at night, while working full time, so there will be no time.

I guess, what I'm trying to say, is that I would like to help if I can, but it will depend on what's cooking when your deal is done.

As far as fees go, I tend not to charge, but members have been generous with parts donated to me, additional parts bought from me, and a few bucks for my time...so I've never really had to ask :oops: :D

andrewl":30dt32ws said:
I don't need another Yo Eddy, but those large frames are tempting...

haha, Andrew; your Yo was the first I shipped; I've gotten more efficient since then, though to Australia, it would still be pricey.

Did you ever post that Yo here? It was beautiful, and oh so tempting to ride if I was only four or five inches taller.

Back