Macretro - Baltic Bawbags Pitlochry Classic - 30th Jan 2011

Tazio":22vs0f35 said:
mikee":22vs0f35 said:
zigzag":22vs0f35 said:
I also expect there to be white tulips in my dressing room. Please ensure that when you draw my post ride bath, it is filled only with mineral water.

Signed - J. Lo.

so your not bathing in the tay with the rest of us zz ?

A real man would swim up the salmon ladder.
I'll leave that to Marine Boy and Neptina...

5030268017_9f72390555_b.jpg

Not trying to be negative here but the Pitlochry route it just as likely to be icy like Dunkeld. Both Dunkeld and Pitlochry are on the banks of Tay so both routes are roughly at same height. The top of Upper Cave Crag isn't exactly at altitude. Can't see route on Pitlochry map as it's too wee and I'm sort of colour blind but if route goes through trees there will still be snow/ice in there. Jeez my back garden is still frozen and I live just outside Kinross. :shock:

the dunkeld one is quite high and as TK mentioned a lot of north facing bits
so snow/ice not shifting

even at that its a day oot so anywhere will do

we can do one of the others next weekend or so

Following an interview with tree on Saturday I was unable to attend the Norfolk alps ride at Thetford. :cry:
HOWEVER my personal physio says I will be fit enough to ride next weekend :D

Watch out, I may even bring an old(er) bike to this one.....

OCP - When I was at dunkeld there was not much ice in the tree sections it all seemed to be restricted to tracks, I'm guessing because it was compacted by the regular vehicles Ordie gets, the stuff at the sides is the lovely soft crunchy snow we are used to, I expect we will encounter a bit of that.

I've got a couple of pals who live in Pitlochry, I'll find out if there's still any snow on the ground anywhere.

Back