Lube in Campag Record hubs?

I was doing a bit on the bikes today.
I have a large tub of copper grease dated 1986. It is still 3/4 full.
You probably already know, but please do not even consider using 'copper grease' as a bearing lubricant. It is not intended for this purpose, but as an anti-seize assembly 'barrier'. It's dynamic lubricating properties are very poor - you would better off with butter and you could lick it off your fingers afterwards!!!!

Just read this thread with interest and thought 'I might buy me some of this Kluber NB52 grease for my wheel bearings' - a quick Google later = no I won't, not when it seems to be £50+ a tube!

Kluber grease is fit once for the life of the component. I used it in my industrial research friction welding spindle bearings 100kn loading. Once you have done the bedding in runs, it was superb in use. I used to have to adjust the spindle bearings every couple of months to 50 micron play, cold. After the Kluber grease, ran for a year until the project ended without needing adjustment. 2009 price was £1000 per kg and bearing adjustment process took three days. Similar machine here. 50.jpg

Kluber grease is fit once for the life of the component. I used it in my industrial research friction welding spindle bearings 100kn loading. Once you have done the bedding in runs, it was superb in use. I used to have to adjust the spindle bearings every couple of months to 50 micron play, cold. After the Kluber grease, ran for a year until the project ended without needing adjustment. 2009 price was £1000 per kg and bearing adjustment process took three days. Similar machine here.View attachment 813057
You’ve got a big garage there for your mini mill………..😅

It was based in the Materials Science Lab at Manchester Uni.

This is a very good grease at more pocket friendly prices

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just read this thread with interest and thought 'I might buy me some of this Kluber NB52 grease for my wheel bearings' - a quick Google later = no I won't, not when it seems to be £50+ a tube!
Dont fall into the "British disease" of conflating value and cost. Focus on the value!

Back