Lotus Aerotrope Mountain Bike for Sale

yeah the story seems different from what i remember aswel, mike burrows designed the original track style carbon bike, lotus redisigned it ( a guy called richard d hill) they then sorted boardman in 92 for the olympics just in time for the monocoque frame rules to change making the bike legal for competition.

then the mtb came out, i remember thinking at the time they were made on the Isle of Wight, then tim gould tested one of them, full m900 xtr and mag 21 to sl's if i remember correctly, so mag 21 sl's would have been around 93/94

i'm sure someone could find a scan of that article, think it was mbuk.

I remember that article jonnyboy - think it was MTB Pro.
A bit of an innacurate description but an interesting bike nonetheless. Also what are those cranks?

Speaking with absolutely no authority on the matter that is without doubt the butt ugliest "bike" I've ever seen.and somehow the bright blue clubroost saddle does it no favours whatsoever ;) (ducks and heads for the door)

MBi review

It was in Mountain Biker International...big feature , with ?Gould riding close by some gritstone outcrop...with full xtr kit and mag21s as you say.

never knew they made a fs version? i seem to recall some waffle in the mag about the built in comfortable flex of the chainstays..?

it actually looks quite good in green...

Ive seen a broken one of these .. ive heard the mtb version suffered fatigue problems around the bb.... not a good design for offroad :? ....... hi bytheway :)

Ebay pic has a very nice chainset - anybody know what it is?

It's growing on me - apart from the blue saddle with green frame :roll:

Latest posts

Back