Wanted Look Mi 80 Small / Medium

haz_m8

Retro Newbie
I'm after a Look Mi 80 in basically any form - frame, frame and fork, rolling chassis or full bike.

From their catalogue there were 4 frame sizes - 41, 46, 51 and 55cm, measured from the center of the bb to the top of the seat post tube. I'm after the 46cm one, which with about an inch between the top tube center and seat post works out to be about a 17.5" frame c2c. I'm 5ft7ish, the 51cm works out at 19" c2c which is a little on the large side me.

I'm based in london, would be ideal to collect or can travel some distance, else could look at courier options. But I know ideal is often not possible when trying to get hold of a 30 year old bike.

Thanks!

Not easy to score. Took me ages to find mine. Mine must 've had a pretty rough youth (and I paid probably way too much for it) but still happy I bought it. Good luck, hope you find one. Don't forget to have a look (haha) on German and French eBay and similar pages as the brand was more popular over there, back in the nineties.

d986b3b20298c63f196943683caf11b5b5940466.jpg

When you find one check the seat tube near the BB. I had one ages back and it was rusted out in that area. The price I paid meant it was worth it for the components and logic fork etc so I didnt really loose out but the frame was toast.

bump - noticed a couple of Mi 70 go up on ebay this week. Aside from the obvious colour, does anyone know if there was any difference in bikes originally apart from the groupset? I'm mainly interested in the frame & forks, but just think white looks so much better...

As far as I know, there was a difference in steel they used. I have an Mi80 and Mi90 (Steel version, not the carbon one ) and where the 80 used triple butted tubes, the 90 used quadruple butted ones. Don't ask me if there was/is a difference in feel... My opinion:the only difference is the colour and the seatpost diameter...

Hey - did you ever find one of these?
I have one in my garage - it'll need a clean up but it's in working order - not original condition - stickers/decals got peeled off by my brother when I 'lent' it to him years ago - has rock shox Judy's forks and new front wheel, mavic rim on a hope hub, gripshift, 3 x 7 deore DX chain set and front and rear mechs - lx v brakes and levers, USE seat post, spin stix qr levers, tioga city slicker tyres plus some real narrow ones and some folding hutchinson s which never got used let me know if interested - I'm based in West sussex

Back