Look KG196 Mavic SSC / Mektronic

Replied to your PM.
Good luck.
I was not sorry when the parcel went off to the US, and the new owner has my sympathy.

Ok panic over its working :) Thanks to big fish and also Dave Kirk in the USA from the pace line forum who gave me a little info. Actually my second set arrived today, it was the computer that was faulty, paired the computer with the rear mech and its worked flawlessly (now I've gone and said it!) since. You have to experience this to believe it, if it continues to work the gear shifts are so accurate and quick. So Ive added the levers and computer mount and rear mech and chain since last time. My other levers are the UCI compliant ones without the "horns" but I much prefer these and they feel amazingly comfortable bit spinaci if anyone remembers them, hence why the UCI banned them. I should finish it this weekend but unlikely to ride as the weather is so poor.

PS if I sound overly excited...thats because I am :)

Cheers Darren

Attachments

• look10.jpg
    look10.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 453
  • look11.jpg
    look11.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 453
  • look12.jpg
    look12.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 453
  • look13.jpg
    look13.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 453
  • look8.jpg
    look8.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 453
it's kind of retro futuristic m is the front mech cordless also ? if not how is the cable routed ?

Re:

Just read your comment correctly sorry. No it's not wireless the front mech just the rear bit primitive guess there were patent issues in 1998 stopping them from using a better shifter but it works ok apart from the huge lever cables are all internally routes so it looks clean

Back