LOOK Cyclocross frame? It's like an Mi80!

Looking tidy. Might even suit my monkey long arms, so will bear this model in mind. What's the clearance like?

Lots of clearance in the rear, could easily fit 35's with fenders but the front is a little more narrow, probably 32 with fenders, 35 without.

great find .

dont think hybrid existed in the early 90s . Look has changed ownership in the past few years , I think those were done in Canada by Grisley .

i have a mi80 frame in the garage , will check the serial number .

Whelp, think the mystery is solved, at least to my satisfaction. Going off cyclotoine's suggestion that it was a rebadged Peugeot, I searched through some Peugeot catalogs until I found the Yellowstone hybrid bike, which has all the same distinct features, such as internal brazing, same cable routing, fastback style seat clamp, unicrown fork, etc. So, you all were right, and I was wrong but I still think it's more interesting than a Peugeot, even if it's just a Peugeot.

And for anyone else looking at a vintage LOOK mtb, I'm pretty sure they're also resprayed Peugeot frames with Ritchey forks. Take a look here: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerndgo/id104.html

Attachments

• Peugeot_1990_USA_Brochure_Page17_Yellowstone_BikeBoomPeugeot.JPG
    Peugeot_1990_USA_Brochure_Page17_Yellowstone_BikeBoomPeugeot.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 997
different frames , look at the back of the Peugeot , it has 2 attachments and doesnt look to have adjuster for the back wheel .

and at the time, Look and Peugeot cycles were owned by same people , so there will be some similarities between the 2 .

Yet interestingly the actual CX Look (like the yellow one) does have double eyelets at the dropout. But all other details certainly look bang on.

shogun":79op4u58 said:
Yet interestingly the actual CX Look (like the yellow one) does have double eyelets at the dropout. But all other details certainly look bang on.

Could just be the difference between model years. Not uncommon for the same model to have two eyes one year, and only one the next. Same with the adjuster screw.

And another possibility is that LOOK actually designed the frames, and Peugeot took and painted a few.

Re:

I came across this old thread whilst searching for some information on the Look Mi series.

Interestingly I have the 1991 French catalogue, and the Mi 50, is indeed described as, "l'hybride".

J

Back