Long cage Super Record mech’

Here’s a fairly uncommon SR with alum bolts, released during a supply shortage in Ti:

This bloke thinks his chromed bolt version is super-rare and has priced it accordingly. I don’t know anything about this oddity -
Those don't look like chrome bolts, that's the alloy bolt version you mentioned earlier. I have this one in my collection as well 👍

Screenshot_20240404-082312.png IMG_20240404_075114_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That’s quite a rare mech as those bolts were never used on any other model. I think you’re right about the ‘chromed bolt’ eBay one, they definitely do look alum’ as well.

I’ve had reasonable success with a Nuovo Record fitted with Rally cage on a 30 T cog.
This is not correct. Apologies @pigman. It would have been a 28 T with the long cage NR (on an MKM tourer, Campag dropouts)
The 30 T was with a 1st gen Rally on an ancient MTB. The dropped parallelogram probably helped, I can’t remember what type dropouts.

Interesting fact, at some point in 1984 Campag ran out of ‘Rally’ faceplates so some were released with Nuovo Record ones instead. People always insist these were just bodged together, aftermarket, from Rally and NR parts, but then I saw one pictured in a Japanese Campag catalogue. Someone on Velobase mentions buying one new in its box BITD.
In case anyone cares - here’s one of those Rally’s with the Nuovo Record parallelogram plate: 😀

I don’t think they’re all that rare as I’ve seen at least five now, and have one (NOS but not boxed) in the collection. That’s why I started to suspect they were a factory release, but everyone I mentioned this to scoffed at the suggestion!

Campagnolo are fascinating and frustrating to collect and study - so many slight variations and anomalies which haven’t always featured in their brochures

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back