Long cage Super Record mech’

Here’s a fairly uncommon SR with alum bolts, released during a supply shortage in Ti:

This bloke thinks his chromed bolt version is super-rare and has priced it accordingly. I don’t know anything about this oddity -
Those don't look like chrome bolts, that's the alloy bolt version you mentioned earlier. I have this one in my collection as well 👍

Screenshot_20240404-082312.png IMG_20240404_075114_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That’s quite a rare mech as those bolts were never used on any other model. I think you’re right about the ‘chromed bolt’ eBay one, they definitely do look alum’ as well.

I’ve had reasonable success with a Nuovo Record fitted with Rally cage on a 30 T cog.
This is not correct. Apologies @pigman. It would have been a 28 T with the long cage NR (on an MKM tourer, Campag dropouts)
The 30 T was with a 1st gen Rally on an ancient MTB. The dropped parallelogram probably helped, I can’t remember what type dropouts.

Back