Lava Dome is Finished!

ameybrook":rhc48lap said:
I finally got my forest green 94 Lava Dome.

I remember that 94 Lava Dome with really fond memories. A couple of the local riders had them when I got into biking... on a Raleigh Activator! Never thought I would see the day when I had a bike of a similar quality! Thanks for the memory there, and Im deffo with everyone else - that is an awesome retro-bike you have built up there :D

WOW :shock: ...that's a joy for the eye. Nice build.

DSCN0560.jpg

Somewhat bigger and it could very well as desktop image

I had to have another look at this bike, can see why this bike is so beautiful, awesome background too.

i love it but you could have used a better chain and free wheel like an shimano hg70 grade chain and free wheel in same sort of grade :oops: :oops: sorry im trying to stop myself going over to the dark side that is kona :LOL: :LOL:

cannondale king":1nh4aiaw said:
i love it but you could have used a better chain and free wheel like an shimano hg70 grade chain and free wheel in same sort of grade :oops: :oops: sorry im trying to stop myself going over to the dark side that is kona :LOL: :LOL:

Resistance is Futile :twisted:

I cant see the photos, but i owned a 94 lava dome, sweet little machine, i bought mine of a school mate, who had only had it for about 4 months before selling it, got it for £350 quid, not bad for a near mint kona at the time, i added risers (people did laugh at the cow horns????) and halson inversion forks, etc, and then sold on 2 years later for £370, if it had been a bigger size i would have still kept it

Cool, someone dug this thread out of the basement.

Danny, had I begun this project yesterday rather than a year and half ago, I would have done alot of things different other than the paint. This was my first attempt at a build/resto/whatever. I really had no idea how it was going to turn out, I simply grabbed whatever I thought looked cool at the time. Turned out pretty good I guess :D The pictures really do not do the paint justice. It's so bright in real life.

Other than adding the matching wheelset, this bike has pretty much stayed the same since. A total snapshot of the bike I wanted when I was 15.

DSCN0867.jpg

Back