Late for work today...but it was worth it

dyna-ti":2jfnn6o6 said:
warpedboy2":2jfnn6o6 said:
I'll not hear a bad thing said about Greggs :twisted:

Best Sausage rolls in the world!!!

Yes, I am willing to fight over this!!! :D

Oh yeah, cool pics, and loving the bike!!! xx
:shock: oh dear god
I'd like to point out about greggs s/rolls,after 15 years in the wholesale/retail meat trade i wouldnt feed a dog those sausage rolls,

Trust me ;)

You must have a seriously malfunctioning olfactory system to even go near anything from Greggs/Subway/MaccyD et al.
Go on Andy...let them know about the 'meat' content ;) :LOL:

Well theres meat and then theres 'meat'
difference-
Meat- is ,for instance pure muscle[ think,a roast,sirloin fillet that kind of thing

'Meat'-can be nearly any part of the animal inc offal

If you trim the little bit of fat off your sirloin steak ,that little piece of fat with a trace of muscle left on it ,is called brock
Brock [pronounced 'broke'] is the 'meat' part of most made products ,ie sausages, pies ,sausage rolls that kind of thing

In a regular butchers shop,the 2 items that need sell well are mince and sausage,if either of these 2 products are of poor quality ,then the shop will fold,this is where all your offcuts go in to,so the real meat content will be as high as 85% any higher and you risk a dry sausage that can be tough to chew.
The last shop i worked in .made 48 different 'flavors' of sausage
Its an art to sausage making, if you get the mix wrong it can destroy your trade and can eventually cause the shop to shut

In industrial butchering for mass produced goods ,ie cheap frozen sausage,bakers products [pies,sausage rolls]
High levels of [what a real butcher would cal]l 'fatty' brock,as as much lean has been gleaned from it ,for cheap frozen mince or tinned mince and the like
All thats left is the fatty brock
Now when you cook this ,loads of fat comes out and the product tastes 'greasy'.To get over this the industrial manufacturer adds lots of a bread product called rusk ,this soaks up the majority of it ,and a chemical additive called 'nupro binds the water in the fat to the [if any :LOL: protein]

meat content for bakers product is i think about 35%
but i personally wouldnt call that meat

supermarkets[again] helped destroy the great british sausage ,by defining what exactly meat content is [after pressure on the governing bodies]
they even con you on pies they say 1 LB of meat in each pie,in reality its only 10 oz the other 6 is the gravy,gravy in the industrial world of piemaking is also classed as meat[again thanks to pressure on goverment]
Notice how after sausage was getting a bad press because of all the shit they were putting into them and classing it as meat
They now,advertise 'real butchers sausages' that do have a high real meat content but cost 3 times that of a retail shops

Thanks for getting me started on this Harry :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Bottom line is
If you dont support your local shops ,you cant blame Tesco or Morrisons for destroying your local economy,the fault is entirely yours as the person that chooses to go there
Pure ******* Laziness

Harryburgundy":acmx8ypg said:
orange71":acmx8ypg said:
have been sick *in* mate's house in Cardiff but not outside :oops: :LOL:

Sick I can just about deal with...this Sundays deposit with rather unusual...bright green (Bacardi Breezer?) and mushrooms.
Runny poo all down the front door and a huge pat on the doorstep is a little more difficult to deal with....... :shock:

:shock: :? errr I lke rural Derbyshire.

Back