Last chain reaction cycle orders?

Remember that this new chainreaction is name only, the behind running and operation is completey different,
its controlled by a whole new entity, you wont be dealing with the same people, customer care etc
so dont expect it to be the old chainreaction.

Surprised CRC went bust. I always thought their prices were very reasonable and they had a global customer base.
Isla bikes stopped production/went bust (?) a few months ago, but that was hardly a surprise given £900 price tags for a mid-spec child's bike.

Surprised CRC went bust. I always thought their prices were very reasonable

Chain reaction never made any money, and ended up with 150milliob£ debt that the funds were unwilling to extend.

Find a bike shop where the staff don't roll their eyes at the phrase "but I can get it cheaper at chain reaction"
... but they were selling at a loss.

Mike ashley/evans aren't selling at cost yet...
But wcr staff have lost their jobs, and those evans employees who kept theirs report a significant decline in conditions.

Isla just sort of gave up, but paid off the debts and paid workers their due redundancy - different to evans and wcr

"Capitalism is an economic system based on the private ownership of the means of production and their operation for profit"

Many independent bike shops just try to keep their heads above the water, and if there is a little extra coming in, pay the staff more, or buy a packet of biscuits.
yer but you would say that wouldn't ya, ya bourgeois scum. up yours ya aristocrat, yer, we proletariat scum are gonna rise up, yer.

1715780278056.png

sorry, don't know what came over me there. :p

The irony is that those using capital to make money - the capitalists - the pension funds and banks lending to WCR - not only lost money, but also undermined the "free market" they endlessly trumpet by encouraging wcr to sell at a loss, leading to the loss of 100s of bike shops and their associated knowledge and unusual stock.

WCR prices were not reasonable because they were subsidised by the libertarian superwealthy in the aim of getting a monopoly, the capitalists' dream...
Screenshot_20240515-152908_Firefox.jpg

😉

The irony is that those using capital to make money - the capitalists - the pension funds and banks lending to WCR - not only lost money, but also undermined the "free market" they endlessly trumpet by encouraging wcr to sell at a loss, leading to the loss of 100s of bike shops and their associated knowledge and unusual stock.

WCR prices were not reasonable because they were subsidised by the libertarian superwealthy in the aim of getting a monopoly, the capitalists' dream...
View attachment 849369

😉
ah man, this all to much man, can't we all just like, get along maaaaaan?

1715783580783.png

Back