Wanted Large (quality) frame - steel (most likely). Maybe an Orange?

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
I've been looking around here and on Ebay and Marketplace for a couple of weeks since my daily rider 2000 P7 snapped at the rear dropout. A sad, sad day. Had it from new...:(

I need to hoik all the bits from it onto another (decent) frame. The P7 was a large (21" I think) - I'm 6ft2. It was stiff at the BB, light, and I could get a shift-on on it. They are sadly rare in a larger size!

So, what might you have please? It needs to have a 1 1/8 steerer and 135mm rear. Doesn't need to have forks. For cantis or can have both canti and disc bosses.

I did enquire about posting an Orange Evo 2 frame I saw on Ebay but they weren't interested - that could have worked for me.

There's so many bike I've never tried. I've always fancied a high-end Trek like a 970/ 90 but are they 'lumps' but could take you around the world on them? I've had Konas - not so stiff for road duties so maybe not a Kona. What else is stiff, light, decent and ultimately for sale?! I suppose up to £150 for the right beast.

Cheers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That looks great, and thanks for the offer. If I did win would it help if you stripped/ kept/ flogged all the bits?!

Back