Ladies Raleigh BOB 7005 doitall. Full bike as NEW only £150!

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi Retro Bikers,

been quite reluctant to rid this but it is in the way and has been replaced by a bigger bike for the GF.

In about 2002 I persuaded the GF to get a safer smaller better bike than her 21" framed Apollo £80 special! We got a standard sized Raleigh BOB by chance from Ken Fosters in Chorlton, it was awesome, felt sturdy and like a (then new) light jump bike but also was capable of the miles on road or off road. :cool: super comfy with best in their price range Suntour Mag forks and a Kalloy suspension post. Sweet! It was even named after her dad :D it went well, handled awesome and stopped and everything. She rode it to work and despite my nags she locked it up badly(wrong) and one day it got stolen, she came home in tears on the bus with her seat, post, and helmet. :cry:

Anyway after rocking a Specialized Hardrock ladies sport for a few years and having someone seriously bu88er the frame trying to nick it we got a hybrid. I'd been looking on and off for another BOB as a surprise but you just couldn't get em anywhere. one day I found this one, so put about 150 miles on my MR2 one night going to get it, just like that! :LOL:

So whys it for sale?

its a BOB (S), Its a smaller framed version for the smaller lady.
20.5" Top tube IIRC and 14" tall
My GF is about 5ft5 I think and likes to sit down pedalling and thats where it feels and looks cramped. I can ride it no prob stood up it feels like a whippable jump bike, fast (and light for something this inexpensive) and I'm 6ft2 with long legs!

So I's say if your GF/you/ someone you know wants a quality, versatile, well handling, and attractive bike, nows your chance. Its got plenty of Raleigh character, yeah its alloy frame wasn't made in Eng-a-land but its got the badge, the jazzy black/orange ATB tyres (will come with 2 of these not a DMR) some BMX DX/Victor type pedals. I really rate it but its just in the way of the flat and overdraft!

It was like new when we got it, this chaps wife had been round the block on it if anything! We've been out on like one or 2 canal type rides, certainly NOT the peaks!

Anyway have some pics
bikesales001.jpg

ignore the tape, that was for a crud catcher that never went on
bikesales002.jpg

bikesales003.jpg

bikesales004.jpg

bikesales005.jpg

bikesales006.jpg

bikesales007.jpg

bikesales008.jpg

bikesales009.jpg

:cool:

Its in South Manchester, don't want to get into posting it but we can sort summat. :)

Looking for £180 - Dropped to £160, and now a chop to just £150 well worth it, a capable fream and virually NEW bike! lot of bike for the money do not confuse with cheap bikes, this one is nice with potential.

Will entertain a near offer. :)

Thought you lot would appreciate this, yeah I know its not retro like my Reynolds tubed old Apex, but it is lovely, and yes I realise there is not a lot of Ladies on here. Anyway Its a great lil thing would love to see it pimped slightly.

Thankyouplease

Sunday sale £150 what a deal, These bikes ride so nice, so nimble and ready for anything, Size wise ideal for anyone around 5ft i reckon, its an ideal WaG's bike (you can even pimp it with some posh kit) or ideal for some of the ladies on here, seriously, come and try if you are not sure, its prob one of the last good Raleighs IMO. If we had not found a Merlin with an inch longer TT and decided it fitted her better we prob wouldn't have sold it

ok I'll have it. I've got 3 girls and a wife, one of them is bound to want it at some stage. Oh and I've just got back from the pub, you had better send me payment details before I change my mind.

Back