La Vie Claire Bernard Hinault 753

Re:

I have had the Look about 15 years. It was repainted before i bought it. There are a few paint details that differ from the pro bikes.
I rarely ride the bike. I just keep it because it fell in my lap and I am a fan of Lemond.

Re:

Every Look Hinault I have seen has had a repaint and new transfers. The original transfers were very cheap and not clear coated. My bike was painted by Rainbow Cycle Art. If you look closely there are differences from the actual team bike to my bike. I don't know if the replica frame actually differed slightly from the team bike or the repaint is in error.

I first saw the bike on eBay and did not sell. The bike was located in my town so I made an offer and picked it up. The rest is history.

Re:

it's a fabulous find, well done you!

for frames that were built en masse they were really nicely made with cinelli parts and of course the legendary 753 tubes.

never EVER sell it!

:cool:

Re:

You may like to see this picture i did in 1986 & had Lemond sign that same year.

Attachments

• lemond.jpg
    lemond.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 497
Re: Re:

rusty bodie":26rnrcqw said:
O/T: photo question

Looks a fair bit like Cairn O' Mount from south ascent? Strathdon area? Either way, stunning bike country. Of the couple of times I (so far :shock: ) rode the Cairn from either end the longer sweeping run-in heading north was the bizz.

Re Donside: BITD, it wasn't unusual to get 'lost' around the multitude of cross-cutting roads around Chapel of Garioch when headed back to Granite City. It just meant you were out on your bike longer before you hit the main drags... :cool:.

Re:

no idea where it was to be honest! we headed east out of aboyne for a bit
then south and did a big loop which eventually spat us out near stonehaven. gorgeous place. rubbish legs!

:oops:

Re: Re:

embankmentlb":dnlw1ndw said:
You may like to see this picture i did in 1986 & had Lemond sign that same year.

that's a terrific painting and well before the days of computers too!!

Back