La Vie Claire Bernard Hinault 753

Re:

next month i'll visit the frame builder and get the TVT geometry replicated for the new frame. should be a nice one!

:cool:

Re: Re:

rusty bodie":3o3jzzql said:
no idea where it was to be honest! we headed east out of aboyne for a bit
then south and did a big loop which eventually spat us out near stonehaven. gorgeous place. rubbish legs!

:oops:

Cairn road for sure. Re the legs/lungs thing: local steep climb round here is Logie up Sheriffmuir but just not possible nowadays on 42x21 given shocking leg miles. No problems getting off and shoving it up over the hairpin tho :facepalm: . Brilliant to see it quite 'busy' nowadays but yet to see another 80's steel/alu bike up there in the last 4 years.

Brazed lugs, downtube shifters, ten gears unless 'ultra' - They really don't know what they're missing... :cool: .

Re:

is that sherrifmuir up by bridge of allan?? :shock:

we rode that many times when we were kids "just for fun"!! i always went into tour de france mode going up it, with phil liggett in my ears - twas the only way i could compete with my mountain goat chums who were half my height!!

:cool:

recently i had two guys catch me with ease on my local brisbane glen climb up to loch thom - a nice B road with little traffic. i could hear them behind me chattering for a while and then the inevtiable when they caugh t and passed me with not much more than a grunt. then one of them slowed down and came alongside and actually scoffed at my downtube shifters then rode off again!!

it's amazing how rage can enable previously knackered legs and i caught and dropped them over the other side, riding like a looney.

point proven, methinks!

:twisted:

Re:

R, there're two routes up Sheriffmuir: one's the BoA side (a former one-time hill climb champ course, early 80's - ?Martin Coll) other's the steeper but shorter Logie Kirk end.

It happens. Was recently out on the old jalopy when a couple came bombin up on souped-up so shared a wheel. "I'll need to get back into tubs", and "Cinelli alu bars and Cinelli alloy stem, eh?"

BITD, round here, it was mighty unusual to meet anybody out on a 'training' run so was amazed when slipped onto A9 Glendevon there was Dave Hannah (Esso / Regent Cycles?). We blethered for a bit or so before he announced, "need to get going". He then (seated) literally disappeared over the successive horizons and vanished over...

Hannah was a brilliant TT'er, nowadays little mentioned. All them course records even goin 'dan saff' :cool: :D Good days.

Re:

:LOL:

we used to tackle sherrifmuir from the causewayhead cafe side. climbing that full of ice cream was never a great idea :shock:

funny you mention mr hannah as my cycling buddy works alongside him - apparently he's very unassuming and rarely mentions anything to do with him being a superstar!

a similar thing happened to myself and my overweight buddy - we were out over the queen's view near drymen when kenny clark (ivy cc) caught up with us (not hard to do) - he blethered with us for a while then said "oh well, best be getting on with it . . " and didn't appear to make much of an effort as we saw him vanish off of the front and disappear into the distance!

some people are just born damned good!

:(

Latest posts

Back