Kona stab dee lux 98/99 with X Lite forks

Gazzereth

Retro Newbie
Hi, I have a kona stab dee lux 98/99 that I need to sell
It's been sat in garage for years and the owner before me was a very steady occasional competitor in dh and had only used it to keep wife company while riding horse, so it's had an easy life. Everything works.
It has x lite /Trimnell prototype forks, fox coil shock, raceface and goldtec components, ddg saddle, sram twist grip 8 speed.
I'm really not sure what it's worth. Apparently the forks are very rare but I dont really want to split it up. Any ideas appreciated. Cheers
(Finding it difficult to upload any photos)

Welcome. Sounds a mix of parts, photos would be great, the size limit for upload is 3mb, any bigger and you will need to resize or link to an album.

Bit confusing about its use too, you say it was raced, though steady, then you say it was only ridden alongside a horse :? :LOL:

Also if your not sure on price you could post here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=140396 but again, people will want to see it.

Im in mid Wales. Usually travel to wilts every other month (where I'm from ..and the bike)
Hope brakes, mavic rims, goldtec hubs, front is oversize goldtec draco

It was my mates bike, he sometimes joined me when I raced downhill but he was very steady, sometimes got off and walked it down, just came for day out from 99 to 2000. I had a big crash in 2000 which stopped me riding for 10 years, in that time it was in a garage or shed apart from very occasional easy ride alongside his wife on horseback.
The photos are all too big.
Maybe can send in e mail?

It was given to me as owes me money, he reckons it's worth around a grand but I think he's being a bit optimistic?
I know the X lite double crown forks are very rare and very well made, also the stem is x lite.
He only used good quality components ...well, apart from the sram twist grip maybe?

:cool: with the price of DH bikes these days, i don't think the price is high for what it is. This model sells well too, so you never know. If i had the money spare i would be seriously tempted though i would prefer it with the original forks tbh.

Back