Kona Shred 2-0 ; a proper bike for a little person

Noisia":223t9avq said:
It looks mint and serves a purpose! Will you reduce the length of the crank arms as well?
Yeah, they're a set of RaceFace Ride XC's cut down to 150mm c-c. Drilled out to 13mm and tapped with a threaded die. The excess cut off and filed down. All done on a pillar drill using a solid clamp base to get the new threads perfectly aligned. They came out pretty good.

stevet1":223t9avq said:
Brakes: Hope Mono 6 Ti

Still a few things to sort such as less powerful brakes
You think ???
That thing is amazing

Top of the list to sort ;)

Dead Rats":223t9avq said:
Incredible, did you do all the mods yourself? What size are the rotors, 180mm? Where's the front lever gone? I wish I was 6 now! :D

It was done by a mate of mine. I mentioned that my son was getting really keen on his biking after I'd put a video on FB of him doing the red route at Hamsterley forest, but needed a better bike so it was bequeathed to me on the premise that if he has a son he gets it back.
Rotors are currently 225mm from, 205mm rear; a bit overkill !!!! Front lever got smashed, so new brakes (of the less powerful variety) will be getting fitted.

The History Man":223t9avq said:
That is so coooooool!

dibs when it's grown out of :xmas-big-grin:

Sorry, but still got 2 younger sisters that will are in the queue !!

So, the next job further down the line is to get it painted and logo'd up as an Intense (due to work commitments :D ) .

The plan is fluro orange with black decals.

Will keep updates coming.

cheers
Chris

mate this is truly an amazing build!!!.any kid is lucky to haVE A faTHER willing to create such a beast, handsdown better than the toys r us magna i had as a youth

BobCatMax":2qzy2uwz said:
moar plz!

Well, it's changed a bit since the last update.

The first thing was the colour. The guys at Orange did a brilliant job of painting it up in a really vibrant orange colour. Then it was decal'd up with Intense graphics plus headtube badge etc.

The brakes were also swapped over for some Avids with a little less power ;)

Saddle was swapped out for a Fizik and a Thomson post in.

IMG_5125 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

He loves it. In fact it's hard to get him off the thing.

Some photos from a day up at Sutton Bank.

IMG_7159 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

IMG_7154 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

IMG_7134 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

A trip over to Great Ayton quarry (as seen in the film Dirt; the Jez Avery section).

IMG_6949 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Then from a Halloween race, again at Sutton Bank, which he won.

IMG_7174 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

And finally getting to meet one of his heroes up at Fort William.

IMG_8526[1] by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Oh, and this old timer (no bike in this picture though, sorry).

IMG_8523[1] by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Back