Kona project what you think? UPDATED PICS page 2 & 3

What about adding colour to the black base and keeping some of the original paint? That way you could keep those original stickers. Just a thought. You said you wanted something bright and anything bright will glow against some black.

The possibilites are endess really. You can paint some tubes another colour or several tubes, each with a different coulour. It does look pretty cool as long as you take the time to ensure the tones all compliment each other.

I've seen an old Kona around my house with every tube painted differently but the guy used all neon paints. The idea was very cool but the neon ........ not so cool.

FWIW, I'd try to hang on to the remaining decals.

Think im going to stick with the black frame after all, and spend more money on M900 XTR componants, just bought an XTR crank XTR BB and XTR cantis off Edd (Brocklander023) on retrobikes and got some XTR shifters off ebay, so just need front and rear mechs and cassette in XTR now, then it should make for a nice lightish bling retro machine :LOL:

trickylad":1cv8n8t6 said:
as an avid reader of french Vogue i'd have to advise that 'Wild Sage' is going to be BIG this season..

Surprised at that. It's been in fashion in interiors for about 4-5 years. Cool colour on old cars too. My GT40 is being painted Linden Green which is a similar colour. Will be nice to be fashonable for once.

What about a beige or putty colour?? That would look cool with the right parts- brooks saddle, DMR moto amberwalls etc. Really retro roadster kinda style :cool:

Dr S":txihd8f5 said:
trickylad":txihd8f5 said:
as an avid reader of french Vogue i'd have to advise that 'Wild Sage' is going to be BIG this season..

Surprised at that. It's been in fashion in interiors for about 4-5 years. Cool colour on old cars too. My GT40 is being painted Linden Green which is a similar colour. Will be nice to be fashonable for once.

What about a beige or putty colour?? That would look cool with the right parts- brooks saddle, DMR moto amberwalls etc. Really retro roadster kinda style :cool:

Yes i have seen a sage green one on thje Kona pages, did not like it, could have been becausr it was a HUGE frame, think im sticking with black and all alloy parts and silver wheels all highly polished of course :LOL: :LOL:
I did think of a beige / putty / sandstone colour but dont think it would go with alloy / silver parts, would look lovely with all black parts thou :LOL:
Definatly going with a brook saddle i think, yum yum

Putty would look uber cool with silver parts. Colour match the stem and go for highly polished silver parts throughout, think wider rims, polished Mafac cantis with long 4 finger levers, silver Pauls Thumbies etc. Top it off with some brooks leather- saddle, grips and saddlebag and a silver Silca pump. final touch would be some custom decals and a vintage headbadge. Really ultra retro look.

Dr S":1zsy3wcb said:
Putty would look uber cool with silver parts. Colour match the stem and go for highly polished silver parts throughout, think wider rims, polished Mafac cantis with long 4 finger levers, silver Pauls Thumbies etc. Top it off with some brooks leather- saddle, grips and saddlebag and a silver Silca pump. final touch would be some custom decals and a vintage headbadge. Really ultra retro look.

We do think alike DR S, thats is EXACTLY what im doing with it, cant decide between beige, cream, putty?? have you got a bike picture in the putty colour you could show me? :LOL: :LOL:

Tazio":nbwmq531 said:
Lime green. Not sure why but it was the first thing that came to mind.

Though it does look damn nice black with just the Joe Murray decal.

lime green nice choice ;)
it does look well in black though :cool:

Attachments

• Photo004.jpg
    Photo004.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,135
Just got my wheels delivered thanks to Sithlord today so just putting the tyres on and going to put a few pics of the parts i have so far for it this evening :LOL: :LOL:

Here are some pictures of the parts that i have purchased for the new Kona build, including the colour that the bike will be :LOL:
The frame forks and stem will be the creamy colour

Attachments

• P1020564 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1020564 [1600x1200].JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,012
  • P1020569 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1020569 [1600x1200].JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,011
  • P1020566 [1600x1200].JPG
    P1020566 [1600x1200].JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,012
  • kona colour.jpg