Kona pahoehoe 2000 *ride pics added*

Re: Kona pahoehoe 2000 *now built*

For now yes! Some MXC's or Marathons would be better as they weigh a ton less and can take a disc mount, but I love those bombers. If you possibly fancy them for the Kilauea later on let me know...

Re: Kona pahoehoe 2000 *now built*

Thanks superstu. I'm on my hols just now and only have one photo from a quick evening tide. I'll post it and more when free

Was due back at work yesterday but the sun was shining so another day off to do this...

And what a cracking bike! I had really missed that flat out feeling from riding a good alloy hard tail and down some fast, rooty, jumpy trails it was massive fun. With the Z1 you can really push downhill and the frame is really comfy for alloy. Front end grip is really high aswell. Tiny bit wandery on climbs and through singletrack it is a touch slow with the longer fork but I can live with that. Old Kona's are just great!

Aesthetically some work is needed but for now am looking forward to my next ride.

IMAG1809

IMAG1816

IMAG1820

Re:

Cheers Kyle.

Even though the merlin weighed more it felt quicker on the flat and uphill. Maybe due to a larger diameter seatpost and the triangulated tubes making a stiffer frame. It was also king of the drifts! But it was pretty harsh and tricky on the rocky stuff but maybe that was the fork.

But the pahoehoe has an anchor up front so will slow things down a bit. I am happy with it though!

Just need to decide on what to do with the frame. New powdercoat in original colour or something more adventurous.

They are rare but a Kula by another name

Re:

It'd be good to re do it in the original colour but white would probably look good. Although white is very unoriginal now, i was going to suggest black but a lot of your components are black.

Back