Re: Re:

wadsy":z5nou8z8 said:
Nice one mate - glad you got sorted :)

Ku-el :cool:

Sorry, so lame :facepalm: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: retro banter and wit..you cant beat it :facepalm:

thanks Martin ;)

Ernie ;)

@ ernie - yes the prices are stated in Schillings - our currency BITD, before the Euro came in.

@ Mathias - some times ago I drove there and looked for the shop, but there was a Kindergarten inside. I bought there the first new bike myself - a TREK multitrack - must have been in 1992 - and it was sold also by "Ing. Martin" (Rösner) the shopowner.

magas":11qsinkq said:
@ ernie - yes the prices are stated in Schillings - our currency BITD, before the Euro came in.

@ Mathias - some times ago I drove there and looked for the shop, but there was a Kindergarten inside. I bought there the first new bike myself - a TREK multitrack - must have been in 1992 - and it was sold also by "Ing. Martin" (Rösner) the shopowner.

provenance and history ..great thanks :cool:

Ernie ;)

If you divide the amounts by 13.7603 you'll get the value in EUR :)

I lived there from 2002 until end of 2008 but I can't recall when they closed the shop, I can just remember that the somehow used it as some sort of factory outlet, I think they just sold off the old stuff there. However, the company still exists (http://www.mountainbiker.at), they have some other shops across the country - I bought my Stumpy there last year :)

Ciao Mathias

ernie":2m5jtdjk said:
Thanks to Magas {Martin} from the Austrian Contingent who helped me broker the deal. Just need to source parts now.
This frame has already appeared on here when Magas put a thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=302611 asking how rare are these frames...this is the middle frame which has been owned since new..picture of the receipt :cool: enclosed together with 3 pots of original touch up paint :cool:

Overall condition of the frame is very good{as you all know i am a picky fvcker :LOL: } trail debris chips on the underneath and some chain suck.

To keep the spirit of pricing of retrobike transparent i paid total shipped €400{shipping was €40}..that equates to £315.

I wonder how many of us would kill to have some of that paint? I know I could do with a few dabs for my A'ha.

XT should look ace on this.

magas":2m5jtdjk said:
it was a pleassure for me to help you :D

Hey Magas - do you happen to have a few duplicate 97 Hot's, Kilauea SE's or Caldera's hanging around that you don't want anymore? :LOL: :facepalm:

al-onestare":2xj3mxfb said:
magas":2xj3mxfb said:
it was a pleassure for me to help you :D

Hey Magas - do you happen to have a few duplicate 97 Hot's, Kilauea SE's or Caldera's hanging around that you don't want anymore? :LOL: :facepalm:

wait, I'm going to switch on my 3D printer for you,.... :mrgreen:

Ok, so I could be misunderstanding the receipt but this was a 96 (listed as a 97) frame bought in 98. So I'm guessing there was a nice cheeky discount. Plus it was kitted out with 98 XTR which is a nice idea. That would look pretty stealth like. Was it bought to order or bought as a result of an order falling through? As hen's teeth go, it's great how this came about and ended up in your lap.

Back