Kona Kilauea advertised three times by same seller 🤔

Well looks like two people will be fighting over the frame and forks because the full bike sold on the auction. Or maybe they both won't get anything because the bike is still for sale as a buy it now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_103840_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_103840_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230922_104056_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_104056_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 19
The seller will be bidding against himself (under another user ID) or have a mate bidding to hike up the prices.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The seller will be bidding against himself (under another user ID) or have a mate bidding to hike up the prices.
Agree, seller listed it multiple ways & shilled the auctions to give a false inflation in percieved value for the unwary simply checking out "sold listings" to judge if it's worth hitting the BIN... Needs reported as suspicious tbh, seeing similar ploys used more lately.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Agree, seller listed it multiple ways & shilled the auctions to give a false inflation in percieved value for the unwary simply checking out "sold listings" to judge if it's worth hitting the BIN... Needs reported as suspicious tbh, seeing similar ploys used more lately.
Yep it's a dodgy seller in my eyes and i'd be staying well out the way.
Reminds me of another ebay seller but this one just puts one blank photo up and says coming soon. And one bike actually sold, who would click on buy it now though without seeing the thing your buying 🤷‍♂️

He's done a YouTube vid of the build:

Clearly not a Kona expert, so despite the multiple ebay listing antics, I'd say he probably doesn't know its not a Kilauea

Nothing dodgy, just a seller trying to achieve a price of what they deem it's worth. It may not be a genuine Kilauea but that's an issue for the seller/buyer/ebay to encounter, obviously it's highlighted here to help our community.
I have plenty of old MTB's I've put money & effort into that quite frankly would not yield anywhere near the value if I tried to sell & I think this is what's being reflected in this selling style. He want's as much as he can for the item & is quite clever in the way he's gone about it. I think it's listed on 'Marketplace' too.
I am curious how people can identify it's not TB P2's (I'm willing to schooled here)

Back