Kona hot

I think this is probably in good condition, and it's only been owned by this particular person for a few days and he has at least cleaned it. If you lived fairly close by and insisted on cash/collect, I can't see you could come to any harm on the deal.

Jez is the one to know its value, but I wouldn't put anything like such a high valuation on it as others have. Perhaps down to my lack of skill, but I'd be continually nervous of crashing, riding around on a mobile paint job like that!

hey guys...

...feel free to bid on it but the seller was a little bit of a pain on here so just warning ya. There's a few threads about it.

Hots go from £200-£400 quid normally.

Rare but overrated somewhat.

gump":2vfxbb3f said:
jez-4-bikes-max":2vfxbb3f said:
AAALLLELUJAHHH!!! :LOL: :LOL:
Is it the 853 tubes you look down on Andy? Oh, but hang on, Blizzard, err, hmmm.

Or is it that the frame was built by Mountain Goat? Oh, but hang on, got one of those, err, hmmm.

Or that the VeloGraphics paint job is substandard? Oh, but hang on, RMs, Fats, rust, err, hmmm.

Or you just don't like the decals?

Personally I think it's the 'US-built' tag that's overrated somewhat.

Just overhyped really I think.

Baring in mind how well an Explosif rides (actually any of the Kona range ride well) a Hot doesnt really justify itself...

(still want one tho)

Anthony":1kq4a4nh said:
gump":1kq4a4nh said:
jez-4-bikes-max":1kq4a4nh said:
Is it the 853 tubes you look down on Andy? Oh, but hang on, Blizzard, err, hmmm.

Or is it that the frame was built by Mountain Goat? Oh, but hang on, got one of those, err, hmmm.

Or that the VeloGraphics paint job is substandard? Oh, but hang on, RMs, Fats, rust, err, hmmm.

Just Konas

gump":1evpyde8 said:
Anthony":1evpyde8 said:
gump":1evpyde8 said:
jez-4-bikes-max":1evpyde8 said:
Just Konas
It's just nine tubes welded together with paint on it. In what respect is it worse than a 96 Altitude?

And incidentally, if I had the choice, I would prefer a 96 Altitude to a 96 Hot, but I don't think there's an awful lot of difference between them.

Anthony":3rhcs0sy said:
It's just nine tubes welded together with paint on it. In what respect is it worse than a 96 Altitude?

And incidentally, if I had the choice, I would prefer a 96 Altitude to a 96 Hot, but I don't think there's an awful lot of difference between them.

I don't like them.

Back