Hold on...what's this?

yT2prP.jpg

:LOL:

Re: Kona Hot 1997 - 7th heaven

You got a Stars and Bars too Al?!

nice, now stop teasing and show us more :cool:

Short story, I've been chatting with the guy who got me onto the Hot I now have. He has his own and it turns out, it's the earliest known Altitude Hot in existence. You might remember - and big up Pip for the info - a very early Ku which didn't have the usual SN format of Model-YY-MM-### and went straight to KU###.

Well, his is HT209 (it looks like IT but we're confident it's HT under the dirt and paint), has 96 routing and decals. It also had the same Reynolds 853 tubing decal as mine, without the "& stays" part (although he sadly removed it). He's the only owner and originally wanted to get a Ku but they were all sold out. Not a bad alternative I'd say!

I thought this should be shared as another part of the ongoing Altitude Hot-Ku-Caldera 1996-1997 Kona story :) Here are a few more shots to wet your whistle.

OJ1eac.jpg

8XmZ14.jpg

mChH2f.jpg

SHba8l.jpg

KbH3HR.jpg

Hang on what's this?

PPTDet.jpg

:LOL: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ok, I promise I'm not making this up. Like buses, look what cropped up last week:

Hot. Correct.

Ex-team bike. Correct, grass-roots rider, check out the missing Hot decal and slight discolouration where the persons name would have been.

Another early Altitude build. Correct, check out that SN, HT0192, the earliest one I've seen so far.

J5dLvx.jpg

S2Gg3S.jpg

I owned HT123 twice. I'm not sure on the one above with 4 digits and where that fits chronologically with my old one. When I was hunting for info no-one knew where these Hots were built but it was actually me that discovered the Altitude/Jeff Lindsay connection through a brochure in the archives. Big up myself ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=191330&hilit=Kona+hot+stars&start=10

Back