Kona Hei Hei

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304890

The second bike in the above thread is actually mine now---that's the exact one I bought from CL in Detroit. The Una is the MTBR bike I saw in this 'colorway' and mentioned in my first post. I need to find the matching touch-up paint though. Little worried it's all for naught since paint doesn't stick so well to ti.

Looks like the white stripe would match the fork I just got. :p Popped up on ebay just a few minutes ago. Snagged it for a steal, I think. 2007 Fox F80 RLC with v-brake studs. Not period correct by a long shot, but I'll take pics of it with a 1998 Z2 if I find one :LOL:

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 508
  • $_57-1.JPG
    $_57-1.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 508
Re:

Love the frame ...and good score on the Fox fork :cool:

Cheers

Fork went back to the seller, had lots of scratches on the stanchions that weren't disclosed in the listing :evil: :evil:

Back to square one on the fork! :facepalm:

That's a shame. Forks that recent with canti studs are like rocking horse sh*t. And it would have been a great match, both functionally and aesthetically.

Grumps

If you are not big guy I would suggest '98. SID. If you have more than 80kg go for something with 32mm stanchions such as that lovely fox.
I once had manitou r7 Mrd with v-brake studs, lovely forks and really good looking.
Somebody, on this forum, has nice DT fork you should check it out...

Anyway, sorry for long post, it is just that I really love these Konas, they look amazing and your is going to be awesome.

I haven't seen spec on your wheels?

PeteC":577761ut said:
Fork went back to the seller, had lots of scratches on the stanchions that weren't disclosed in the listing :evil: :evil:

Back to square one on the fork! :facepalm:

arse! :cry:

Dare":17uwcyek said:
Somebody, on this forum, has nice DT fork you should check it out...

That may well have been me; the fork has sold now.

Back