Kona Hahanna 1998

Well, thats the final piece sorted (For now!) and its ready for Sundays bike ride.

What do we think?

I have a few more bikes to get sorted, but at least thats winter sorted! ;)

Attachments

• Kona Hahanna Side Latest.jpg
    Kona Hahanna Side Latest.jpg
    732.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Bikes Garage Latest.jpg
    Bikes Garage Latest.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 31
I think it looks great 👍

Are the small bikes Raleigh Twenty’s?
No, but similar. And in my personal opinion, better than. There Dawes Kingpin’s. I’ve thinned them down a bit but at one point I had 11. I have a very rare one too. A Dawes Kingpin Sprint.

No, but similar. And in my personal opinion, better than. There Dawes Kingpin’s. I’ve thinned them down a bit but at one point I had 11. I have a very rare one too. A Dawes Kingpin Sprint.
11!!! I seem to remember the Dawes kingpin had a more normal lol, common bottom bracket thread and rims? I had a folding twenty many years ago and it had a load of weird standards and a nylon headset but a strong looking folding mechanism. I think you need to do a post on those kingpins….

11!!! I seem to remember the Dawes kingpin had a more normal lol, common bottom bracket thread and rims? I had a folding twenty many years ago and it had a load of weird standards and a nylon headset but a strong looking folding mechanism. I think you need to do a post on those kingpins….
Yeah, not far off on the specs.

Ill have to get a post up.

Took the Kona out on Sunday for its maiden ride out.

Rode like a dream, and it got mucky too...but it washed off fine

Attachments

• 5555.jpg
    5555.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 15
Had a half productive Sunday in the garage today.

Cleaned up the1998 Kona Hanhana from last weekends 15 miler for a mates birthday, and it came up really well to be fair. I also did a bit of adjustment of odds and sods that i picked up on whilst on the ride.

I also got my 1992 Raleigh Ravine ongoing project out of the garage for some fresh air too, and made a lst of what is left to do over winter.

I will sort a seperate thread for that...along with one for the Raleigh Peak, Summit etc..! ( maybe even for the plenthora of Dawes Kingpins too...we shall see!)

Im now looking forward now to my 40 mile ride out on Thursday (20th!) for my 40th Birthday on the Kona!

Attachments

• Kona Hahanna & Raleigh Ravine.jpg
    Kona Hahanna & Raleigh Ravine.jpg
    944.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Oct 22 Bikes.jpg
    Oct 22 Bikes.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 11
Morning all.

Gave the 1998 Kona Hahanna a run out on Sunday, as I seem to have been spending all my spare time on my 1992 Raleigh Off Road Series range of late.

Im loving the fact its a bike I can just use without thinking too much about it

I also managed to apply a couple of Retro Bike decals too, as they came from Gil last week!

I think I might make a few changes to it this year, as I have a full Deore LX group set with rapid fire shifters sat doing nothing, but we shall see.

Kona Hahanna Feb 23.jpg

Back