Kona Hahanna 1998

lincs90smtb

Raleigh Fan
Evening all,

My new purchase, is this 1998 Kona Hahanna. Its a bit of a bitsa by the look of it, but has plenty of potential, and its also my first Kona.

Its obviously got a distinct red theme, which I will be changing, the obvious being different tyres, saddle etc

What it did come with though, is tidy set of Magura John Tomac edition brakes, which are the first set I have owned.

Anyway, here it is.

I'll get more photos etc up when I get into it

Attachments

• IMG_2565.jpeg
    IMG_2565.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    974.8 KB · Views: 66
Managed to find the previous owner to who I bought it off, and he had it powder coated.

To be fair, it looked it a fair state before hand too.

Here is the before & after photos from the previous before last owner, who had it fettled.

Attachments

• www.jpg
    www.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 26
  • zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 25
"Whilst the cat is away, the mice will play.."

AKA Melissa is staying in at work tonight & tomorrow night, so the bike has come in for some warmth!

I'm also getting those "not so nice red" and black tyres off and a new set of Schwalbe Billy Bonkers on it ready for the weekends ride.

More once its sorted.

Attachments

• Kona 1.jpg
    Kona 1.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Schwalbe.jpg
    Schwalbe.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Thats the Schwalbe Billy Bonkers fitted on the Hahanna.

They look a lot better than what it was bought with... In my opinion at least!

Just waiting on the black saddle now.

Attachments

• Kona Hahanna Billys Side.jpg
    Kona Hahanna Billys Side.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 21
I think you’re right about the black saddle, it’ll be close to perfect then… in my eyes at least. Will it be getting dirty?
I agree to be fair...I might get a set of Pace RC36 Pro Class for it over winter...we shall see.

It may get a little dirty but nothing too obsene!

I have a ride on Sunday, but nothing too much for a mates birthday, so I will get plenty of photos of it in the wild.

Back