Kona Hahanna 1998

Yeah, I get what your saying.

The Alivio/Altus that is on it wouldn't be so bad sat in the parts bin though really, to have a cheap upgrade.
I thought that but didn't want to say it. ;-)
Even if it is Hahanna level stuff.

The STX-RC chainset and rear mech look smart for 1998. Advantage is you get the easier to find 4-arm setup with the STX-RC
(fc-mc40 and rd-mc3:cool:
If you can find them, should be cheap too.

If I didn't have the LX set spare, I'd look at STX-RC as its enough of an upgrade too, for the level of the frame I guess.

I'll see what pops up, if its cheap enough, I may go down that route

For some reason I though you said the black lx group, but re-read again.
Is this the 98 LX group, if so then use that, of course.
But keep the magura and levers the STX/LX vbrakes of that era are ugly as anything and the levers horrible.

Yes, the 1998 LX set. Sorry, I should have said!

The Tomac Maguras are definitely staying, I'm impressed with how solid they feel. and I cant agree more on the levers!

A lovely bike, the Maguras really suit it. I've got a 2000 Hahanna as a bit of a winter hack, it might have been low down the range but I love riding the thing, great frames. You've inspired me to bite the bullet and order a pair of billy bonkers with the newer coloured sidewalls as well.

A lovely bike, the Maguras really suit it. I've got a 2000 Hahanna as a bit of a winter hack, it might have been low down the range but I love riding the thing, great frames. You've inspired me to bite the bullet and order a pair of billy bonkers with the newer coloured sidewalls as well.
Thanks, its a basic bike but rides lovely, and with a few upgrades, will be even better!

My plans are change to LX groupset, inc Rapidfire, as the gripshift, still after all these years, isn't nice!

I do prefer the later Bonkers in fairness

Latest posts

Back