Kona FireMountain, 1995. Lockdown rebuild....

FireMountain95":gt1tdtup said:
ibbz":gt1tdtup said:
That’s beautiful - I really like the subtle gold bronze hues - very elegant

Thanks, Ibbz. If only i could find some tan grips for the gripshift....!
I had a similar problem - I ended up buying some ODI Assault clear grips - so the Ti bars underneath would show a bit and also it’s a sort of neutral take .

By the way - there are a pair of almost identical silver Controlstix team issue bar ends for sale on eBay - I see these are xlite but so similar

ibbz":18p7eh8z said:
FireMountain95":18p7eh8z said:
ibbz":18p7eh8z said:
That’s beautiful - I really like the subtle gold bronze hues - very elegant

Thanks, Ibbz. If only i could find some tan grips for the gripshift....!
I had a similar problem - I ended up buying some ODI Assault clear grips - so the Ti bars underneath would show a bit and also it’s a sort of neutral take .

Thanks, it's a good shout, i went for clear grips on my AMP. Are the silver control stix you've seen the ones posted from US?

No, these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184544542326
£20 or best offer with free postage
They’ll suit your build better than Xlite I think - look the same but they’re North American !!!

EDIT just had a close look and they aren’t in great nik

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ibbz":251hy2ra said:
No, these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184544542326
£20 or best offer with free postage
They’ll suit your build better than Xlite I think - look the same but they’re North American !!!

EDIT just had a close look and they aren’t in great nik

Thanks, I'll have a look.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
How did the respray exactly work? You resprayed the paint, put on the decals and then added some kind of top layer so that the decals look so clean?

oliverrr":1hfivzsm said:
How did the respray exactly work? You resprayed the paint, put on the decals and then added some kind of top layer so that the decals look so clean?

For this one, i had it done professionally. Yes, he applied the base coat colour, then applied the decals and final clear top coat.

If you're doing it yourself, you can do the same or, you can get decals that go on top of the paint. Won't be as durable but still an appropriate method....

This is very cool. Nice to see a 20" too. I need to build one. Can I ask how tall you are and if the saddle height in your wharfe pic is pedalling height?

Edit - what a transformation from the White saddle... Looks so much better. very jealous of your respray too.

albash82":vx0vdp12 said:
This is very cool. Nice to see a 20" too. I need to build one. Can I ask how tall you are and if the saddle height in your wharfe pic is pedalling height?

Edit - what a transformation from the White saddle... Looks so much better. very jealous of your respray too.

Yep, that's the riding position. I'm 6 foot. It can go an inch or so higher, but that's the comfy riding position for me.

Back