Kona Explosif 1995 18 inch frame

maximum99

Retro Newbie
Hi, for sale Kona Explosif 18 inch 1995 Columbus Max OR biovalised frame, powder coated in chrome lacquer with two era decal set, I bought this great frame from a retro bike member, but have come to the conclusion having almost built it that it is gonna be too small for me. Will include seat post and clamp, V brake cable stop, and threaded headset. looking for what I paid for it £200 posted. Pay pal gifted or cash on collection (Somerset) P M me for Pics.

It was mine ..to help things along ..here is some pics showing when it left me :cool:

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• exp 001.jpg
    exp 001.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 1,203
  • exp 002.jpg
    exp 002.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,200
  • exp 003.jpg
    exp 003.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,201
  • exp 006.jpg
    exp 006.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,201
maximum99":28daiktw said:
Hi, for sale Kona Explosif 18 inch 1995 Columbus Max OR biovalised frame, powder coated in chrome lacquer with two era decal set, I bought this great frame from a retro bike member, but have come to the conclusion having almost built it that it is gonna be too small for me. Will include seat post and clamp, V brake cable stop, and threaded headset. looking for what I paid for it £200 posted. Pay pal gifted or cash on collection (Somerset) P M me for Pics.

How much for collected? I'm in Somerset too

Thanks, incidentally you mention you are seeking 18" kona frames but also that you are selling this 18" frame because its too small. Are you infact seeking 19" FRAMES? Also, which frame do you prefer? Kilauea or explosif? I ask because im looking for a kona frame too. Also out of interest, how tall are you? Cheers.

Er... I'm not selling it, just helping with the sale as I know the frame came from a very good chap on here called Ernie who replied earlier on this thread. I already have this frame in this size otherwise this one would definitely be joining me :) I am 5'11 and 18" Kona's are a perfect fit :cool:

Depends on the year really and what type of bike you want. Explosifs are usually a bit stiffer/racier than the Kilauea but the geometry is the same and weight very close. I find they ride similarly but then I have only ridden 96 and 97 Kila's with the Columbus Cyber frames and am comparing them to the Columbus Max and the later 853 Explosif.
Tbh anything Kona shaped with a decent butted frame is a good bet. :)

Ok thanks, I m basically looking for a replacement for my old hahana. Youre right theyre all great :D I think ultimately it has to be a hei hei if I can find one.

Back