Kona Explosif 1993

Re:

I trimmed the excess from the backing of each decal so it was only fractionally larger than the image. Then I laid masking tape on the frame to guide where I wanted eveything to go. I took measurements from the Kilauea and used the weld edges as a datum. I looked at making positioning adjustments to compensate for the new decals being a little different in size and where I didn't like the originals.

I made sure everthing was totally grease free and then got to work. I did the spare forks first, then the ones pictured and then the stem and frame. In truth the stickers 'Kona' and 'Designed by Joe Murray' are a little off the former due to bad positioning, the latter due to the decal touching before I'd lined it up :oops:

Tips would be prep, position, clean, keep calm and apply! It took me 3 hours!! Cheers for the paint tip.

SP

Reactions: enc
Re: Kona Explosif 1993 - project money pit!

Nice job. Applying decals requires a zen like state of mind.

Reactions: enc

Great job on the powder coat - can you share the details and let me know the damage? Looking for one in the Surrey area.

Top job on the decals too :)

Very nice, great job. Looking forward to seeing it built :)

Re:

As per the thread title - money pit! XTR groupset

Attachments

• XTR_HB.jpg
    XTR_HB.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 701
  • XTR_BR.jpg
    XTR_BR.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 701
  • Build_kit.jpg
    Build_kit.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 701

Yummy XTR :cool: and Fibrax canti blocks :shock: , i can imagine this is going to look pretty special once this lovely XTR kit has been cleaned up and polished before being assembled on that lovely frameset ..

Just one question though , what brake blocks are you using although those Fibrax look good but the last time i used that brand i was using steel rim wheels on an old BSA Firebird 3 speed sports bike back in 1983 ..

This is going to be good - I never really liked the '93 paint schemes, so much more dull than any other '90s Konas.

Back