Kona Cinder Cone '97 - retromod - FINISHED

Good choice, i have a '96 and it's great. I much prefer the decals on that year. I got my frame brand new and can't imagine how gutted i would be if something happened to it :?

My mate had a kilauea in 1995, he bought it brand new. I borrowed it one day as my bike was out of action. I took it for a gentle pedal and it snapped in exactly the same place as your CC did. I had i fair bit of explaining to do when i returned it but it worked out ok as he got a 96 model to replace it FOC :D

Having owned a 95, 96 and 97 I prefer the 97 colour and decal combo most but only just. 96 was pretty cool with the gold and grey (?) and whilst I liked the 95 the most back in the day, it's the one I least like now.

The 96 that's heading may way is white and it looks proper good with that years decal design.

I stripped old blue down last night and gave it a good clean. One day I might get it repaired but it'll have to wait because of this unforseen extra expense.

It lives!

P5230006_zpsvivcdrpx.jpg

Re:

It's still in the garage waiting for the build ! It's been repaired and hopefully get it built b4 long.

Back