Klein rascal restoration

Re: Re:

integerspin":gxo5t4nc said:
What's debossed mean?

It means that lettering is impressed on surface. He painted with white color, than applied decals and than painted the frame with green color. After that he removed decals and was left with white colored lettering.

Have you made any more progress with this?

integerspin":331c6bng said:
I thought Kleins had to have multicoloured fade paint jobs;-)
Looks good..

mkaavin":331c6bng said:
Impressive that you also painted it with debossed decals.

What's debossed mean?

haaa! cheers!

not this one!

debossed means the decals dont stand proud because you use a mask on the base coat, then put the top coat on wait for it to dry then remove the mask leaving the inprinted letters , so theres no actual decal to rub off . much more classy. klein are renouned for it!

hope this clears it up.

also look at the pics :D

Dare":3guri89h said:
integerspin":3guri89h said:
What's debossed mean?

It means that lettering is impressed on surface. He painted with white color, than applied decals and than painted the frame with green color. After that he removed decals and was left with white colored lettering.

you beat me to it :D your explanation was way better though!!

bunzra":37fj4fq0 said:
Dare":37fj4fq0 said:
integerspin":37fj4fq0 said:
What's debossed mean?

this is as far as ive got at the mo. i need to find some forks then i can get on with the build!

Attachments

• IMG_3599.JPG
    IMG_3599.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_3604.JPG
    IMG_3604.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_3525.JPG
    IMG_3525.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 395
After a good polish up i ve now recieved the chainsuck device back from the anodisers, and looking like new again :D

Attachments

• IMG_3626.JPG
    IMG_3626.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 356
Re:

I really like the work you are doing in restoring this little Rascal

Impressive paint job and an exquisite attention to detail :shock:
This build promises to be very interesting and I will follow this post with much attention .

Have a great weekend

Retro-bike-fan":izebdlks said:
I really like the work you are doing in restoring this little Rascal

Impressive paint job and an exquisite attention to detail :shock:
This build promises to be very interesting and I will follow this post with much attention .

Have a great weekend

Thanks a lot for that!

have a great weekend to :D

Very nice job, so far! :)

The original forks were made by Spinner; not that hard to find. I know someone who is selling a Klein-labelled Spinner, too.

However, if you take a straight fork, e.g. Cannondale P-Bone, you will get Similar looks to an Attitude ;)

Rahbari":1rjxkzvs said:
Very nice job, so far! :)

The original forks were made by Spinner; not that hard to find. I know someone who is selling a Klein-labelled Spinner, too.

However, if you take a straight fork, e.g. Cannondale P-Bone, you will get Similar looks to an Attitude ;)

cheers!

good shout on the forks :D

i think i will fit some mag 20s and custom spray them in black, undecided yet though :D

Back