Sold Klein Adroit Gator 1992 MC1 complete frameset size 19"

Hadn't paid any attention to this thread in a couple of days. Looks like I should have. It went sideways quicker than I expected.

Some of the posts here showed JohnW's full name and address (assuming any of it is real), which could be considered doxxing. I edited those posts to remove the sensitive information.
It doesn't matter that it was just a copy-paste from a FB post, it's still a potential legal issue for this forum. Given the turmoil that this whole sale has caused already, I'm not taking any chances.
If someone ends up posting sensitive info again, please report it so we can edit it out ASAP.

BEWARE ...I followed this in the Klein FB groups as well! A member has been ripped off 4.000 Euros by this guy!

He took the money and sent a 1kg package from Spain with the tracking code.

I would remove this (and JohnW) from the forum immediately! This is a scam!

I didn't buy it but someone did.

It seems they'll be sending the boys round
By the way: John... how come you dont answer any of my mails or purchase requests on your website, here in the forum or at Facebook and simply ignore everything. Any problem here? Whats the matter, seriously! Cheers

I would remove this (and JohnW) from the forum immediately! This is a scam!
Way ahead of you. All accounts were banned yesterday.

It seems they'll be sending the boys round
Let's hope "the boys" realize that the address may be fake, or that the person selling the frame could have just taken any local name and address out of the phone book. Hopefully no innocent person gets in trouble over this.

Way ahead of you. All accounts were banned yesterday.

Let's hope "the boys" realize that the address may be fake, or that the person selling the frame could have just taken any local name and address out of the phone book. Hopefully no innocent person gets in trouble over this.
Amongst other details they have the senders address from UPS (Thanks Fayez) where the package was actually picked up from.
The one on the paperwork was bogus.

Oh, I get it. If you have the money and the opportunity later in life to get something you really, really wanted when you were younger, that was always out of reach, for whatever reason, by all means go all-in to get it!

I've just done the same thing, at around half that price, and for something nowhere near as thoroughbred as an Adroit with an MC1.

It's all subjective, of course, I've just never liked how Klein's look. Not then, and not now. They just don't really do it for me. Even though I can admit to and appreciate the design and the innovation that went into them. They do tend to show up these days looking more like a design accent to a danish modern living room though, rather than a thrashed down a mountain, lovingly and regularly serviced riding machines!

That guy you talked about with the Ferrari? He's probably got one in the heated garage over at his lake house!

Oh, and I'm 38 by the way. Does that qualify or disqualify me for something? I reckon I'm old enough to understand the power of nostalgia, especially in regards to 90s mountian bikes. I mean, isn't that why 99% of us are on this site, building these bikes in the first place?

Did I sound like I was 22?
That's about the age of most JMC fans ;-)
I'm a bit older so they mean nothing to me, I am Klein age though and I didn't like them back then (they were available around here and one or two had them).
Just not my sort of bike.

Still there are people with plenty of money and 4grand is nothing or have the money to splash on a hobby. It's nothing compared to some modern gravel bikes or car restorations.

Back