King Kahuna Stars ‘n’ Bars!

Re:

Got to be grey forks I think. The best colour match.

And you know where I am if you want to sell the red pair! ;)

BTW, I've seen first hand a Hope Ti hub going exactly the same way. The wheel also had ti spokes. It was only a twig that did the damage. Was a shortened ride for the lad in question :(

Mike

Re:

Another great find Pip! Lucky that wheel continued to turn too. FWIW I liked the grey SIDs best.
Take care and enjoy the ride.

Re:

Absolutely awesome frame! Fantastic condition too! If I remember correctly Kona had some ti frames painted about 10 miles south of the HQ in Ferndale. So technically you could get whatever"custom paint option" you wanted that they produced on their "kona custom" bikes. The 3 painted kona ti bikes I've seen have had no decals other than the KONA on the down tube. With Ti Sport only a 4 hour drive from either HQ or Velo Graphics I could see them shipping some over for paying customers.

Certainly defines "keeper bike" rather well.

Re: Re:

eshew":24hwft68 said:
Absolutely awesome frame! Fantastic condition too! If I remember correctly Kona had some ti frames painted about 10 miles south of the HQ in Ferndale. So technically you could get whatever"custom paint option" you wanted that they produced on their "kona custom" bikes. The 3 painted kona ti bikes I've seen have had no decals other than the KONA on the down tube. With Ti Sport only a 4 hour drive from either HQ or Velo Graphics I could see them shipping some over for paying customers.

Certainly defines "keeper bike" rather well.

Top info!

Re: Re:

al-onestare":1dbq59i9 said:
I tell you know, silver. It really compliments the rear. Proper proper proper cool! Grey or silver bars stem and seatpost could look even better.

Agree with this. :cool:

My favourite Kona paint scheme, still like how my Hot build turned out. Didn't know they did a Kahuna in it.

Of the forks it's between the black and silver for me. Probably the black as the silver's a bit too bright, needed to me more gunmetal. White and that shade of red just don't suit it.

Back