1997 Kona King Kahuna Stars and Bars Pipmeister Edition

Right then;

Early snaps of the bike built.

Needed to swap out the handlebar and went for a red aluminium.

Please try and see past the seat; it’s my wife’s bike and that’s the one part she’s insisted on. It is very comfy to be fair.

Attachments

• A33D923E-AB11-4998-A73B-D21D9B4CBF9A.jpeg
    A33D923E-AB11-4998-A73B-D21D9B4CBF9A.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 775B19F8-6853-457A-ACD7-D277F101454B.jpeg
    775B19F8-6853-457A-ACD7-D277F101454B.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 78
  • DD1A5C8B-CCF3-47E8-9DAF-978402D86A4A.jpeg
    DD1A5C8B-CCF3-47E8-9DAF-978402D86A4A.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 81
Stars N’ Ba-aaaah! The seat!

Sneak on a Turbo gel (if she insists on having a gel seat) when she isn’t looking ;). Or force the seat change by the seat going missing - which was maybe stolen by the neighbors cat because cats are mischievous and like steeling bike seats, obviously…but you have no real proof of and are just speculating ‘oh gosh no that sucks’.

Stars N’ Ba-aaaah! The seat!

Sneak on a Turbo gel (if she insists on having a gel seat) when she isn’t looking ;). Or force the seat change by the seat going missing - which was maybe stolen by the neighbors cat because cats are mischievous and like steeling bike seats, obviously…but you have no real proof of and are just speculating ‘oh gosh no that sucks’.
Argh. My heart sank when it was fitted.

It’s a toss up between making it look super cool and her wanting to ride it. If the seat ain’t comfortable then it will be a garage queen and that’s certainly not the plan. !!

I do like the idea of next doors cast stealing it though…. Naturally bypassing the alarm and stealing only the seat would make him a cat burglar. 😬

It is what it is for now.

Going to change out the stem for a red ringle one. Might put a dropper bar on for extra width. Was toying up buying some Vault DMR pedals in deep red.

Priority was to get it up and running.

Looks lovely, would love to know where you managed to find all that XTR goodness.
I’ve been collecting things for a while; over the past couple of years picking up things here and there. Been a real challenge finding things of the right quality that you don’t need to sell a kidney to fund. Patience and perseverance and luck.

Back