KHS montana comp/team f+f - what's the difference?

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a KHS montana frame and fork from 93. It's either a comp or team, but since the stickers were lost long ago when it was stripped and resprayed, I have no idea which it is. It was the dark blue with fluo pink ST and forks colour scheme. I will be getting it resprayed soon, and while I don't think I'll spend the time and money on making the build 'original', I quite like the idea of getting it done in the original colour scheme with stickers to match.
So, is there anyway to tell which stickers I should get?
And does anyone know where I can get them from?

Thanks!

team will definately have a ring reinforcement on the bottom of the head tube, but then the comp might do too!

how much does the frame weigh?

I've found that usually with companies that source Taiwanese bikes, the difference between a Comp and Team model would be the same frame with a higher level group on the Team.

I'm not sure how much it weighs, I should have it with me again in about a week. Is it possible that the frames were the same, but the model names were different, depending on spec.?

it is possible but the catalogue states different tubing.

(there is a 93 khs catalogue in the archive section)

having said that, wadsy had a 93 team and comp frame that weighed the same...

is there a sticker on yours saying what the tubing is?

There have been no stickers on mine since about 1996/7, but it did have a nice big true temper sticker on the TT. not sure on the actual tubeset though... I'm going to have a look for a 93 catalogue (I think I've seen one on here somewhere), and I might be able to work it out from the component spec.

Well I just found the catalogue here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122509 and mine is definitely the comp model. deore LX/DX mix, not the XTR of the team. From the catalogue, tubing is AVR, for the team it is OX. Not sure what the difference is between those two tubesets though...

So now I need to find a source for 1993 KHS Montana Comp stickers - anyone any ideas?

Thanks!

My 94/95 Comp frame is True Temper.
It has ring reinforcement round the bottom of the headtube ;)
And its lovely, oh and its for sale :LOL: :LOL:

Back