KG Engineering Offroad Proflex..now with photos on page 2

Re:

It rides like a Moots style soft-tail but with rigid forks. The rear end works well, although I had to swap the bumper for a newer one to ride as the green was too soft and old and I'm too fat and old. The stem, however, is true to it's name and flexes (mainly side to side but that is because of my power, honest!)

Because of the amount of steel I've used in this bike if feels reassuringly solid, just not stiff. Comfy, but not performance focused.

In all, it's a bit like me:Old, unusual, at one time cutting edge but now a bit funny looking, solid, a bit rattley, expensive to run, high maintenance but a lot of fun on sunny days.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":r960ebyg said:
Fcuk the masses and there Shimano.

If you are going to abuse the 'masses' you could at least get your spelling right. :roll:

Intolerance above aside, lovely looking build. Got my vote. ;)

Re:

There and Their and They're

Cool regardless how you write it up. It all adds up to the same.

lol.

Attachments

• 70A60C59-3E0C-4735-AF94-B1EAC7D388B9_zpsqjzqw0rn.jpg
    70A60C59-3E0C-4735-AF94-B1EAC7D388B9_zpsqjzqw0rn.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 486
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 485

pete_mcc":2tmfxvel said:
It rides like a Moots style soft-tail but with rigid forks. The rear end works well, although I had to swap the bumper for a newer one to ride as the green was too soft and old and I'm too fat and old. The stem, however, is true to it's name and flexes (mainly side to side but that is because of my power, honest!)

Because of the amount of steel I've used in this bike if feels reassuringly solid, just not stiff. Comfy, but not performance focused.

In all, it's a bit like me:Old, unusual, at one time cutting edge but now a bit funny looking, solid, a bit rattley, expensive to run, high maintenance but a lot of fun on sunny days.

Maybe lots of us(RBers) are too old and maybe too fat too.i have two priflex from 91 and to find the bushes can be a nightmare. I found some in its bag, NOS. But they didn't work well. In my builds i use the cane creek ones for the seatposts. They need a little of work to fit in the rear arm but they are practically identical to the originals and you can find from extrasoft to firm ones.

sinnerman":4ovfcedj said:
What are these Pedals Pete.?
Onza's i think :?

Truly quite amazing job youve made of this Pete. Such a good build too :cool:
I'd not want to use it too much though, case it got scratched. But really lovely.

Well done Chap, very well done indeed :D

Re:

I cant remember the name, I thought Bebop pedals at first, but they aren't, then Grafton, but I cant think of the name for the life of me.

Pete, need close up pics of this bike...Quality.

Speedplay Frogs. This thing is incredible in the flesh, looks like new, it would of course be better with the Browning BEAST transmission that was destined for it though, imho, winky smiley. x.

Back