'Keeper' bikes - what and why

The clockwork will be handed over to one of my sons when I can no longer ride, so I guess it is a keeper- so far that is the only bike.

Attachments

• orange-1 [800x600].jpg
    orange-1 [800x600].jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,133
my lava dome - it made me love bikes again after some nasty GT experiences (sorry GT lovers)

in the next year or two it'll probably go on the wall, but i'm never getting rid of it

Pickle":2t0qb4mk said:
exbiker":2t0qb4mk said:
I used to think the Bravado was a keeper

But lack of use or interest changed that, I then revamped the Talera with some nice bits and found i used that more

You only have to PM me mate, and I will gladly come and remove it from your shed if your really not interested ;)

Tempt me and it could well be yours Jon :cool:

Pickle":16d8t1qf said:
exbiker":16d8t1qf said:
I used to think the Bravado was a keeper

But lack of use or interest changed that, I then revamped the Talera with some nice bits and found i used that more

You only have to PM me mate, and I will gladly come and remove it from your shed if your really not interested ;)

Same with the alpinestars ;)

I've said this a few times now, P20 is staying until one of us dies....
If it turns out to be the P20 1st, i'll probably still keep it. ;)

main.php

P20":3m3lfawe said:
I've said this a few times now, P20 is staying until one of us dies....
If it turns out to be the P20 1st, i'll probably still keep it. ;)

main.php

To quote Paris Hilton: "That's hot!"

Got newer,older and more expensive bikes, but the only definite is rather surprisingly my old mango M2
In frame only mode again now, but comes out periodically for a rebuild and to remember just how well it translates my feeble efforts into speed.

img_0257_medium_389.jpg

My '94 GT Karakoram is staying. I sold it at the beginning of September '95, on the day I found out JMC had died. Was doubly gutted.
Bought it back at the beginning of '96 for a few hundred less than I sold it for ;)
It's been stolen, got it back.
We've been through a lot together and it keeps having bits of kit added and changed but it's a comfy, nice fitting bike.
I was going to put a pic up but i've changed a few bits on it this morning, again.

Same goes for me with the Bravado ;)

Nice thread with some nice rides :D Good to see people choosing bikes based on sentimental reasons rather than financial, espeically now wer're in a recession here in the UK ;)

Anyhow for me all my rides are keepers. Went through a stage a while back of collecting for the sake of it - now figure if it's not something I really want/like/need it has to go. However if you held a gun to my head it'd be the '97 litespeed ocoee. Not the pride of the fleet anymore but I've had it since new and me and the old girl have seen some miles :cool:

Back