kawasaki banana seat bike???

I'm 100% sure the front forks are not bent. you guys are looking at it from a picture. I can actually see the bike and yes they are bent but what are the chances that both them are bent to the same exact spot. If I were to bend them back to straight the tire would hit the front fender. So everyone calm down and stop making dumb inferences

adanzer28":2j8ad5za said:
I'm 100% sure the front forks are not bent. you guys are looking at it from a picture. I can actually see the bike and yes they are bent but what are the chances that both them are bent to the same exact spot. If I were to bend them back to straight the tire would hit the front fender. So everyone calm down and stop making dumb inferences
Im not talking about the bend in the fork legs (where they curve forward about half way down the leg)thats meant to be there.
Im talking about where the steerer tube meets the top of the fork and goes into the frame. if you imagine the steerer part of the forks going through the headtube of the bike and draw a line from the side of the bike straight down the headtube, the fork legs should follow this line, yours dont, they have been pushed back. a classic sign of a front end hit. I know what im looking at, I spent 13 years in a bike shop looking at all manner of bent forks, creased frames etc. stop getting so sh1tty when someone is trying to offer you advice. you said you don't know anything about bikes, I do. you asked for advice, I'm giving you facts just because you A. don't know what I mean and B. don't agree with me doesn't make me wrong or doesn't make you eligible to bitch at me.
I dont agree with the attitude of some that have replied but I'm trying to give you good advice. like I said as a whole the bike is worth something...but, In its present condition its not worth a great deal and I stand by my original price of £30 ish.
I have included a diagram to illustrate what I mean, the yellow line is the line the fork legs should take the red line is where they are now after a front end impact forcing them to bend at the crown.
yours look very similar.
hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_9256.jpg
    IMG_9256.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 177
Thank you Chute55uk for that, I was unaware about that part being bent and I can see what you mean. I can see some bending in that part. But other people on here like Chopper1192 believe that somehow magically both the forks are bent in the same exact spot and that bending of the front 2 forks wasn't manufactured that way. You agree with me correct? The front forks are meant to be slightly sloped forward.

The forks are supposed to be bent forwards, yes..... but thats not what Chopper et al were refering too

Yours are bent backwards at the crown, as in BBB's picture

G

yes the slope is a called the rake, the more rake on a rigid fork the softer and bouncy the ride, kona had a fork called a project two which was straight and if you look at nearly all modern road bikes the fork blades(legs) are straight. it make the ride harsher but much more responsive.
getting back to the matter in hand, the bike is I think an 80's generic beach cruiser that like someone said maybe a promotion by kawasaki (maybe given as a competition prize) toys r us actually still sell kawasaki bikes for kids. the reason i think its 80's is the one piece crank (the silver legs the pedals are attached to) this was pretty much the standard for all kids bikes and bmx's in that era as before that they used cotter pins to hold the cranks to a bottom bracket axle (the bit that goes through the frame that turns with the pedals)
If it was mine I would get some 20 inch springer lowrider forks for it and make a rat low rider. you will easily sell it as the market for these custom bikes is getting huge (especially in the states) just look up these guys, https://www.facebook.com/localcycles?fref=ts they love this sort of thing, maybe even buy it from you as it is :)

Back